Boston Journalist Leaf Hater

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

http://www.boston.com/cars/newsandreviews/overdrive/2011/05/2011_nissan_leaf_review.html?p1=Well_Cars_Article

Not only does he give it a good bash - he sings the praises of the EV1. Kinda makes me wonder how much advertising the paper does with GM. ok, call me jaded.

Another article where the writer intentionally doesn't use the Leaf as it was meant to be used. Yawn.....
What sort of idiot would buy an EV without the capacity to charge at home overnight? My estimate would be zero, nobody is that dumb.

What can you expect? The Leaf isn't even availble to order here until the end of the year, and to tell you the truth, I am much more likely to get the Ford Focus EV (with liquid battery management), or the Plug in Prius (I only drive 17 miles one way to work and could plug into a 120V outlet in the parking garage for the commute home). We have a differernt environment out here than the west, its much colder and misearable, and the Leafs unmanged battery pack is probably not going to do well in our winters.

Other than not having an EVSE to plug into (which is a mistake), I didn't think the article/author was that tough on the Leaf.

I thought it was funny when he tried to run an extension cord from his 3rd floor apartment to the car on the street and got complaints from the neighbors! :D

That probably would have been at least 50 feet of extension cord, I hope he was at least trying to use 12 AWG! ;)

Hi Mitch, Good to see your still on the forum. I have my Leaf and my experience has exceeded my expectations. i recommend you hang in the car is worth it. My recollection of your commute is that the Leaf would fit your situation. Also, winters (real cold weather) are relatively short in Boston as I recall from having grown up there. Nissans cold package should work well for you.

Back