My 1 year anniversary, but no cake

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

Today, (Yay! I think!), it's been a year since I sent off my $99 and reserved a Leaf. I hope Nissan has been putting my $99 to good use. I still have no idea when I'll get delivery. Not to worry though; the sun will probably rise tomorrow.

I do know, however, that if the CA rebate is "kaput" when my car gets here, I'll give it to Mr. Kamins @ Kearney Mesa Nissan, to dispose of as he sees fit. You see, I'm not one of those "rich boys". I simply cannot afford the $5,000.00 higher price with my fixed retirement income. The old Echo will suffice for awhile longer. :(

I will still hope for the best for you. If all goes perfect with Nissan you could still squeeze in the closing door. Any delay or other SNAFU may cause the hard choice to be made. Don't give up yet ;)

astralfish said:
I have a feeling that the 5k will last through the rest of the year. Obama is too pro-green revolution to let it fall through.

The 5K is a California rebate. The federal incentive is a 7500 tax credit that the Obama administration is trying to convert to a rebate. I hope for those of you still waiting for the CA rebate that it extends to the end of the year.

derkraut--You were the second order in San Diego in January. In light of that you should receive your Leaf by the end of May or early June.If you receive your car by then, there hopefully will still be Ca rebate money available. Call Nissan customer service. They should be able to give you a better idea of your delivery date than whats on your dashboard.

stanley said:
Call Nissan customer service. They should be able to give you a better idea of your delivery date than whats on your dashboard.
Hahahahahahahaha, it took me a bit to get your humor there, good one.

derkraut said:
Today, (Yay! I think!), it's been a year since I sent off my $99 and reserved a Leaf. I hope Nissan has been putting my $99 to good use. I still have no idea when I'll get delivery. Not to worry though; the sun will probably rise tomorrow.

I do know, however, that if the CA rebate is "kaput" when my car gets here, I'll give it to Mr. Kamins @ Kearney Mesa Nissan, to dispose of as he sees fit. You see, I'm not one of those "rich boys". I simply cannot afford the $5,000.00 higher price with my fixed retirement income. The old Echo will suffice for awhile longer. :(
I hope you get your car soon, but please remember that there are lots of us out there who ordered months before you did, and who have a June or July estimated delivery month. You are still one of the lucky ones who were moved way ahead of many others and as such have gotten or will be getting the CA $5K that may not be available to people who order earlier.

Did somebody say cake?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthZgszykLs[/youtube]

Seriously, sorry to hear about your delay and the delays for so many other prospective Leaf owners, but all I can say is that good things come to those who wait! That and at least it was only a $99 deposit and not one of the $5K variety...

LaLeaf, with the arrival of two ships this past week, there should be enough Leafs in Long beach to fill the September through January orders. I think any delays in getting cars to September through January orders is probably because of lack of accessories or paint color availability caused by the Earthquake

stanley said:
LaLeaf, with the arrival of two ships this past week, there should be enough Leafs in Long beach to fill the September through January orders. I think any delays in getting cars to September through January orders is probably because of lack of accessories or paint color availability caused by the Earthquake
Thanks Stanley, I hope that you are right and we can be all past this problem that Nissan put us in.

While I believe you are right that some of the short term delays are due to issues related to the quake, the fact that so many cars have been delivered out of order is due to a mistake made (and admitted by) Nissan. At some point before the quake (most likely around the end of February), Nissan misallocated cars such that Jan-Feb orders were filled before most of the Sept-Dec. orders. Nissan hasn't provided any information on how or why this happened, but in calls to Nissan customer service, their supervisors have admitted that Nissan made the mistake. However, they also have stated that Nissan would not fix the mistake by reallocating any of the cars.

For me (and others) this has meant seeing about a dozen cars with the exact same configuration as mine being delivered in the last month to people who ordered 3 or more months after me. One of these was even to my dealership.

LaLeaf, I know how you feel. I felt the same way, when I saw orders with Vin numbers that were 1,000.or more orders after mine. I went "nuts". I do not understand why Nissan did not fix the order scheduling. Maybe its bad legal advice concerning creating liability if they take cars from those who inadvertently received Vin #`s.Or perhaps they do not have the systems to be able to do it. Perhaps they feel that there are so many Nissan employees and points of contact that have to be involved that it would lead to even greater confusion.

From everything I have seen, the car is a really good one and worth the terrible waiting.

stanley said:
I went "nuts".
You west coast guys at least got to order your LEAFs. No idea when those of us in the forgotten 36 will even get to order... Now Nissan's going from reserved to RAQ very quickly in the rollout states. That is a true test of the patience of those of us who reserved some time ago and are still waiting for Nissan to start the RAQ process in our areas. Nissan's out-of-order delivery is a tiny roadbump compared to what those of us in the forgotten 36 are going through.

tps said:
Nissan's out-of-order delivery is a tiny roadbump compared to what those of us in the forgotten 36 are going through.
It is a tiny $2500 to $3500 roadbump for many in CA. How would you feel if Nissan raised the price $2500 while you wait for delivery?
It is not about the waiting... it is cold hard cash.

smkettner said:
tps said:
Nissan's out-of-order delivery is a tiny roadbump compared to what those of us in the forgotten 36 are going through.
It is a tiny $2500 to $3500 roadbump for many in CA. How would you feel if Nissan raised the price $2500 while you wait for delivery?

Well....for me, $2500 to $3500 is NOT a "tiny roadbump" :(

smkettner said:
tps said:
Exactly, I can wait, no problem. However, being passed over in a manner that is at this stage intentional by Nissan, and at the cost of thousands of dollars is just too much.

I ordered my Leaf in mid July and got it two weeks ago. I think according to Nissan, that there are about 500-600 Leafs on the road in California. So far I've seen two in the Bay Area. My vin indicates that there have been about 1700 cars manufactured before mine and I guess quite a few were the demo units.

jsvette56 said:
I ordered my Leaf in mid July and got it two weeks ago. I think according to Nissan, that there are about 500-600 Leafs on the road in California. So far I've seen two in the Bay Area. My vin indicates that there have been about 1700 cars manufactured before mine and I guess quite a few were the demo units.

We had 23 at the Newark Library on saturday. Unfortunately mine was not among them. I hope Stanley is right, and I hope my car is in Long Beach (January order), but if that were the case I'd have a VIN already, wouldn't I?

jsvette56 said:
Actually, you reserved your LEAF in July ($99 reservation fee), ordered it in Feb (according to spreadsheet) and got it two weeks ago. Enjoy your LEAF!

Many of us have been waiting much longer...

MsLusty said:
I hope Stanley is right, and I hope my car is in Long Beach (January order), but if that were the case I'd have a VIN already, wouldn't I?
Customer's whose LEAFs were on one of the two boats who docked in the last week should have their VINs by the end of the week, I think, based on prior patterns.

So far have only seen a dozen or so VINs in the ~3200-3800 range on Friday - mostly to early Feb orders but one from Oct/Nov/Dec each show up, too.

Presumably these were LEAFs unloaded on the first ship (United Spirit) which left Long Beach early the 11th. The Andromeda Spirit left Long Beach the 14th. See my tracking ships post in my sig and the last couple pages of that thread for details.

There seems to be a gap between the last set of VINs and these most recent ones - haven't seen any between ~2400-3200 - I'd guess these are on the Andromeda Spirit.

Back