Cant charge at PlugShare Site

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmike

I have tried twice now to charge at https://www.plugshare.com/location/72135 and each time my leaf wouldn't charge. On my car the 3 blue lights flash alternately 1 then 2 then 3 like it is waiting on the timer (but it is not). The charger is a clipper creek and when this happened I believe that the bottom two red fault LEDs were on solid (but I just looked online at a pdf manual and this LED pattern is not shown so maybe I'm mistaken about that). But what is weird is that everybody else seems to be able to charge at this location and I haven't had a problem charging my car anywhere else so I am at a loss why I cant charge here ????

Mike

LeftieBiker said:
Did you try pressing the timer override button anyway?

No but I know the timer wasn't the issue. I did try plugging in twice, same result, I could hear the relays picking up like it was going to charge.
I then immediately went to the Nissan dealer practically next door and it charged like normal.

So far as I know the sequential bar flashes originates from the LEAF, so if the timer function is acting goofy it is a problem in the car.

I would try a couple of things:

1. As Lefty suggests, try the manual over-ride
2. If a timer schedule is programmed into the car, delete it (them)
3. Let the car sit with EVSE plugged in for a minute or two. Perhaps the LEAF will figure things out.

As for the coincidence of this happening at the same EVSE, that may just be by chance if the problem is intermittent (for now.)

Back