Will This Jack Work?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Will this scissor jack work on my 2016 LEAF Model S?

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Roc-Leveling-Stabilizing-RustProof--Standard/dp/B018E6MCJ8/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1463776828

Thanks.

Aside from the gap in the part that engages with the car looking a bit wider, this looks like the Harbor Freight jack I got, painted red. Look at the spare tire topics already here, and you will see a photo or two of jacks known to work.

I bought the jack at Harbor Freight that looked like the Amazon one.

When it touches the ridge at the jack points, there is a gap like this:

9pv6FJs.png

For orientation:

index.233.gif

IOW, the weight of the car would be supported by the ridge rather than the areas around the ridge. Is that how it should be, or do I need a jack with a deeper notch?

Hope that's clear!

Thanks.

I use a jack like yours with no problem...In fact, I also use a standard floor jack when rotating tires. I just slip a 2X4 between the jack and the car, so the 2X4 lines up with the notch.

derkraut said:
I use a jack like yours with no problem...In fact, I also use a standard floor jack when rotating tires. I just slip a 2X4 between the jack and the car, so the 2X4 lines up with the notch.

A 2x4 with a notch cut into it?

I got some advice on another forum. Apparently, the ridge is what's called a pinch weld and should never be used to support the weight of a car. I'm going to buy a new jack.

Back