Dallas Leaf Orphan April 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallasleaf

I joined the elite group of Leaf-ians by getting an orphan Leaf on April 2, 2011. Was looking for something else at Bankston Nissan in Dallas and stumbled on this car that had been refused. I have another electric car, a 1999 VW Golf conversion that I have been driving for about two years.
I thought I had posted up on this DFW forum, but I think it was the Texas forum that I put up my info.
I am a member of NTEAA, North Texas Electric Auto Assoc. Regardless of what you may have heard we are an advocacy group promoting alternative vehicles and have been involved with the North Texas Council of Governments to help create the infrastructure for charging stations zoning and permitting.
Our members live all around the North Texas area.
Most of our meetings are around promoting those business that believe in what we are doing, driving clean electric cars.
Enough about that for now! My wife and I have put over 2500 miles on the Leaf since we got it. Most has been in town, with some mixed highway driving. We are in East Dallas and we have driven to Arlington and back on the highway, returned with 25 miles left on the gauge. I made a trip to Euless and back with about 30 miles left on the gauge.
My wife likes to drive in Eco mode, I prefer the standard drive mode. I think it makes her feel comfortable to see the higher number that the Eco mode gives you. Having driven an EV for some time, I have a feel for the way to drive without putting too much strain on the battery. My VW has a range of about 50 miles fully charged.
Love the car, love the way it drives. I would say a real in town average is 80-90 miles. On the freeway 70+ miles. The AC does not really effect mileage that much. You are only running a 12V fan and compressor. The heat is going to be the big juice robbing function.
Of course we are all learning the possibilities of these cars. The best part has been only buying 2 tanks of gas for our SUV in two months! I drive the VW daily to work and my wife does all of her driving in the Leaf. I think she is averaging about 200+ mile a week with kids in school and her small business. I do about 150 miles a week in the VW.
We had the EVGO charge station installed. We did not get the option of the cheap charger since we did not order a car. It seemed the easiest route, and I do know we will have to do something else after 3 years, but we will see. I do like the fact that starting in June we will be able to log in to see our exact charge usage and be able to really tell what it is costing us. I know the Blink stations have a similar function on their charge stations. This also gives us the upgrade option of utilizing the charge stations going up around the area.
Well, I look forward to the discussions yet to come.

Neal Farris/Dallasleaf
Cayenne Red SL
No quick charge
Arrived 4-2-2011
EVGO Charge Station (basic package)

Welcome to the club and to the forum, dallasleaf. Glad to hear of another LEAF going to the home of people who are really prepared to use it well.

Many happy miles. :)

Back