Full charge on Coulomb charger, but not on supplied charger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samir

I got my Leaf a few weeks ago (love it). When I charge with a Coulomb charger at work, I consistently get a reading indicating that I have over 100 miles left (sometimes as high as 110). When I charge with my supplied charger, I get readings of about 88 miles. I recently upgraded to the EVSEupgrade charger (220V/16 amp), and go the same result - about 88 miles.

Can someone help me understand this a bit more in detail?

Thanks,

Samir

Do you have the charge timer in the car set to perform 80% charges at certain times/days?

full charge and displayed mileage are only somewhat related.
If you have traffic going TO work, then you'll get a better mileage, and at full charge, the LEAF will display more remaining miles.
If you have less going TO home, and you drive faster, you'll get a worse mileage, and so on.

Could also be because of elevation differences between work and home.

Also, samir, it would help us to know how many bars you're showing after the charges.

No, I don't have it set to charge to 80%.

The info that comes back is that it is 12/12 bars.

Samir

Then it is the guessometer confusing you as gudy has suggested. The car's logic does a terrible job of estimating how far you can go. It is heavily biased by what kind of driving you have most recently been doing (like the last couple of minutes on the road). Ignore the big number; look at the bars.

Ray

Back