How to remove/replace 12 V battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckMkII

I want to replace my 12 V battery immediately, since it is over four years old and I've had a couple of car batteries go Tango Uniform around five years. Not a hassle I'm willing to endure to save 20% of the cost of a battery.

The 2013 owner's manual has NO mention of changing out the 12 V battery, that I can find. Super-annoyed by that! Is there any special trick to this in a Leaf? I just did my 2002 Taurus a couple of weeks ago, which does have a mildly weird battery hold down, but it "only" took me about 7 minutes to figure out how to remove that one little bolt. :?

I'm going out for a first look at the Leaf now.

Better to look first, then start a topic...

Standard hold-down bracket. You can use a secondary power supply clipped carefully on in parallel to avoid having to reset your electronic preferences afterwards just as with an ICE, or I believe you can just carefully R&R the battery and then reprogram radio presets, etc.

LeftieBiker said:
You can use a secondary power supply clipped carefully on in parallel to avoid having to reset your electronic preferences afterwards just as with an ICE,
I don't usually bother with that. I could hook up the jumper cables to the Taurus parked next to it. Might be worth it if all the Bluetooth connections, nav destinations, etc. are also lost when the battery is removed, but if nothing can really go wrong while it's at zero volts, that seems simplest.

Back