Blink EVSE Failure to Charge and Replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNJED

I have had my Leaf and Blink EVSE for about 2 weeks and am part of the EV Project.
Initially everything went well. After about 2 weeks the EVSE made a very large buzzing/vibrating noise when I plugged in. I unplugged and tried again, same thing. I unplugged (It sounded like a transformer about to explode) and contacted Blink customer service. They were very supportive and contacted me by phone and email. Initially they told me it was the contact in the EVSE, and some buzzing was expected. I charged the next day, no noise and it went well

Two days later the Leaf would not charge. I could connect, hear the relays in the car trip, and the lights on the dash would begin to blink as if charging, then the lights would stop blinking.

I took the Leaf to the dealer-they checked the car out and it was fine. Error codes suggested it was the EVSE. I contacted Blink and they replaced the EVSE that afternoon. So far everything is working well.

While not optimal, the service here in Nashville has been terrific. When I went to the dealer (Action Nissan), I was met by a team of 5 people, including two Nissan Techs who came in from out of state (one was Japanese). When they found the car was fine, the techs actually drove their own Leaf to my house and waited 45 min for the Blink installer. They tried to charge with the original EVSE, and got the same failure to charge as I did. The brought their own diagnostic equipment in their car and got the same error codes. They captured everything with photos and videos. After the new Blink was installed, they checked it out in their own car to be sure it would work.

Last night, charging went perfectly!

I wonder if the great service/extra attention is related to:
1) Nissan is really committed to this product
2.) I am part of the EV project
3.) Nissan US Headquarters is in Nashville

But I loved the service!

TNJED said:
I wonder if the great service/extra attention is related to:
1) Nissan is really committed to this product
2.) I am part of the EV project
3.) Nissan US Headquarters is in Nashville

But I loved the service!

I have a feeling it's pretty much what you've written, and in the order you've written it.

Since the two techs came in from out of state, I wonder if it's the guys who are based here locally in the LA Basin?

Back