2011 LEAF always charges to 100%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldCoot

My LEAF is almost always charged on the Blink EVSE in my garage. I don't use the timers, just plug it in. By default, it charges to 80%. When I want to head out to the flying field, I'll push the override button by the driver's-side door, so that it charges up to 100%.

In the past few weeks, I no longer have to push that override button: it always charges to 100%. I asked the dealer (well, their service department) about it, and their solution was to set a timer for 24/7, 80%.

Well, yeah, that'll work. But it's not a fix - it's a workaround. That override button (or something in the electrical system) is still broken.

Note that the single blue light on the dashboard comes on when the override button is pressed, and remains off if I don't press the override button. At least the light works. ;)

So should I pursue this matter with the dealer - or should I just be thankful that I've had no other problems?

Bret

Well............
That's not how it's supposed to work. The dealer is right. I suspect there was a timer set in the car, whether you set it or not, which was then disabled by a service update or someone manually doing it. The car does not default to 80%.

OldCoot said:
... I asked the dealer (well, their service department) about it, and their solution was to set a timer for 24/7, 80%.

Well, yeah, that'll work. But it's not a fix - it's a workaround. ...
That's not a workaround, that's just how it works, period. You must have had such a timer before and disabled it somehow.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, I would have saved myself a red face (or three) if I had read the manual first.

Some time in the distant past, I had set that 80% timer - and then forgot about it. I just got used to pressing the "Immediate Charge" button and having it act as the 100% override. Somehow, that timer was inactivated. (Who, me???)

You all are invited to join me on my blog for the latest chapter of "How to Descend into Senility Without Even Thinking About It".

Back