2012 charging info

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mathprofcarrie said:
Eco struggled with the rural hills

Although you can press the accelerator harder as mentioned above, for uphill climbs I just find it easier to shift it into "D." You can always shift back into Eco when you don't need the responsiveness.

RonDawg said:
mathprofcarrie said:

Although you can press the accelerator harder as mentioned above, for uphill climbs I just find it easier to shift it into "D." You can always shift back into Eco when you don't need the responsiveness.
I deal with steep hills* all the time and Eco works fine. Accelerating gently when going up hills is helpful when conserving energy/range. Blasting up hills is fun but harder on the battery and range.

* My personal definition of a "steep hill" is one that requires 18 kW or more to maintain a constant velocity of 25 mph.

You have 100% of the power available in ECO, you simply have to press the pedal farther. The car will do the same acceleration if you floor the pedal, regardless of mode.

-Phil

dgpcolorado said:
RonDawg said:
mathprofcarrie said:

I deal with steep hills* all the time and Eco works fine. Accelerating gently when going up hills is helpful when conserving energy/range. Blasting up hills is fun but harder on the battery and range.

* My personal definition of a "steep hill" is one that requires 18 kW or more to maintain a constant velocity of 25 mph.

I'm not saying flooring it in Eco doesn't work, because we know it does. But, I find it tiring to have to keep the pedal pressed down that far for extended periods. I'm also not "blasting" up hills, I'm talking about maintaining 60-65 MPH on an uphill stretch of freeway known for 75-80 MPH drivers.

Back