2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corina1231 said:
VAMike13 said:
After putting it off for a couple years I am finally ready to lease a Leaf. I'm looking to get an SL with the premium package. I haven't had time to go through the hours of negotiation at the dealer yet so the first quote through email that I got was $2000 down plus $329 for 24 months. That's a total of $9896 plus the disposition fee of $395, right? I realize that's high. I've tried looking though this thread to find other lease quotes for a 2013 SL in Virginia but I haven't found any. I think the tax rate is 5% here. Does that sound right? Can anyone in VA give me an idea of what their totals have been? Thanks!
Mike
VAMike, that price is crazy even for VA who has some of the highest Leaf prices in the country (according to folks on this forum), about fourth behind Hawaii, Alaska, and Florida of those who have posted on this Forum.

A fair price in VA (which is expensive) for the SL with Premium package on a 2 yr., 12k mile a year lease is around $8700, including all TTL and Dispo fee (down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee). In CA, we can get it for under $8000.

I have a couple questions.
1. I have been holding firm to a total 24 month lease cost under $9000. But some sales people have stopped replying to my emails or they never even emailed me in the first place like they said they would. How flexible should I be on how much I will pay based on time of the month and what the dealers have in stock? The last few days they have all been contacting me several times wanting to get a deal done by the end of the month. I don't want to be pressured like that especially when they still don't even give me a good price. I guess they are all busy with other customers. With June about to start, should I still expect to be able to get a total cost around $8700 for a 2 year lease on an SL with premium package in VA if they don't have it in stock? Or do I need to wait until closer to the end of June?

2. I've been looking at the SL because I thought that was the only trim level with the camera package option. It looks like I was wrong or they changed things recently. So if I go for an SV with LED&QC package and the premium package, what are the main differences with the SL? Just leather seats and wheel size? How much less should I expect to pay for that in total? It looks to be just over $1000 less in the MSRP.

Thanks,
Mike

VAMike13 said:
Corina1231 said:
VAMike13 said:
After putting it off for a couple years I am finally ready to lease a Leaf. I'm looking to get an SL with the premium package. I haven't had time to go through the hours of negotiation at the dealer yet so the first quote through email that I got was $2000 down plus $329 for 24 months. That's a total of $9896 plus the disposition fee of $395, right? I realize that's high. I've tried looking though this thread to find other lease quotes for a 2013 SL in Virginia but I haven't found any. I think the tax rate is 5% here. Does that sound right? Can anyone in VA give me an idea of what their totals have been? Thanks!
Mike
VAMike, that price is crazy even for VA who has some of the highest Leaf prices in the country (according to folks on this forum), about fourth behind Hawaii, Alaska, and Florida of those who have posted on this Forum.

A fair price in VA (which is expensive) for the SL with Premium package on a 2 yr., 12k mile a year lease is around $8700, including all TTL and Dispo fee (down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee). In CA, we can get it for under $8000.

1. I have been holding firm to a total 24 month lease cost under $9000. But some sales people have stopped replying to my emails or they never even emailed me in the first place like they said they would. How flexible should I be on how much I will pay based on time of the month and what the dealers have in stock? The last few days they have all been contacting me several times wanting to get a deal done by the end of the month. I don't want to be pressured like that especially when they still don't even give me a good price. I guess they are all busy with other customers. With June about to start, should I still expect to be able to get a total cost around $8700 for a 2 year lease on an SL with premium package in VA if they don't have it in stock? Or do I need to wait until closer to the end of June?

2. I've been looking at the SL because I thought that was the only trim level with the camera package option. It looks like I was wrong or they changed things recently. So if I go for an SV with LED&QC package and the premium package, what are the main differences with the SL? Just leather seats and wheel size? How much less should I expect to pay for that in total? It looks to be just over $1000 less in the MSRP.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike:

Where are you in Virginia? (Northern VA, Tidewater, Richmond, etc.) I'm in Martinsburg, WV at the border of PA, MD, WV & VA and working with the two dealers in my immediate area plus those in the D.C./Northern VA area. Looking for a SV with Premium to get the Around-View Monitor. Tough sloggin' so far. Most recent quote from a dealer in Bowie, MD is for "$1,999 down and 24 payments of $245 for a total of $7,880 titled in WV" (no mention of the $395.00 dispo fee which will boost it above the $8,000.00 mark) for 24 months/12k miles per year.

Ron (Corina1231) is spot-on in noting the disparity in West Coast vs. East Coast Leaf markets. I get quoted north of $8k for a SV with Premium & Mats and can only shed tears all over my keyboard as I come on here and see Northern California folks walking out of dealerships with that PLUS the LED/QC package for significantly less. :(

Last November, my Dad and I drove to Ithaca, NY from West Virginia to pick-up new Prius Plug-Ins for $7,000 under MSRP. The two customers who were in the dealership immediately before us flew-in from the West Coast and were driving their new cars back across the country just to take advantage of the New York Prius Plug-In Fire Sales going on. Talking with the one fellow, he indicated that West Coast dealers were barely budging from MSRP. The current Leaf market seems to be this same situation with the two Coasts flipped.

Oh well. Some days you eat bear and other days the bear eats you. Gonna keep trying though! :)

Any recommendation on lease deals and good dealers in WA state near Redmond/Bellevue/Seattle area?

Mike

Thanks,
Mike

Engraveer wrote:

Mike:

Where are you in Virginia? (Northern VA, Tidewater, Richmond, etc.) I'm in Martinsburg, WV at the border of PA, MD, WV & VA and working with the two dealers in my immediate area plus those in the D.C./Northern VA area. Looking for a SV with Premium to get the Around-View Monitor. Tough sloggin' so far. Most recent quote from a dealer in Bowie, MD is for "$1,999 down and 24 payments of $245 for a total of $7,880 titled in WV" (no mention of the $395.00 dispo fee which will boost it above the $8,000.00 mark) for 24 months/12k miles per year.

Ron (Corina1231) is spot-on in noting the disparity in West Coast vs. East Coast Leaf markets. I get quoted north of $8k for a SV with Premium & Mats and can only shed tears all over my keyboard as I come on here and see Northern California folks walking out of dealerships with that PLUS the LED/QC package for significantly less.

Corina 1231 replied:

Mike, the MSRP for the SV with mats, QC/led and premium package is about $1500 lower than the SL with premium package (approximately $35,600 compared to $37,100. Yes, the leather and wheels are the only significant differences between the SV and SL. I believe the $100 cargo cover is standard on all SL models and an option on the SV.

I just got a deal for a forum member here in SJ for $8300 for the SL with premium package for a silver one in stock (down plus total of payments plus dispo fee). The buyer decided he wanted a gray metallic SL so the dealer had to tack on another $120 for the cost of dealer trade and anther $80 because the buyer lived in a county with a higher tax (9%!) than my county. Nice that you are only at 5%, by the way.

Your deals in VA are higher, as I've stated in the past. With the new Nissan lower residual. (62% to 60% now) and the slightly higher money factor I would would expect you would pay close to $9000 for the SL, about $700 more than here in CA. Since the SV with QC/led and premium package is $1500 less, I would expect you should be able to get the loaded SV for about $8000. You have to figure that the leather and wheels are likely worth $1000 to those who want them, prorated for the 2 year lease.
Best of Luck! Ron

abhik said:
Any recommendation on lease deals and good dealers in WA state near Redmond/Bellevue/Seattle area?
Magic in Everette : Ray Ishak comes with high recommendations and has been of great help to the Leaf community

Eastside : Somewhat controversial, but I got a decent deal. They sell a lot of Leafs. Talk to Jimmy the new car manager directly.

evnow said:
abhik said:
Magic in Everette : Ray Ishak comes with high recommendations and has been of great help to the Leaf community

Eastside : Somewhat controversial, but I got a decent deal. They sell a lot of Leafs. Talk to Jimmy the new car manager directly.

Thanks Evnow. I did send Internet email to around 10 dealers just now. Only one came back with in 5 mins.

1st quote
$254.50 PM
24 month/12000 miles
With 0 down
Acq. Fee $595
Doc fee $150
Govt fee $108
Disp. Fee $395
Rebate $7825

My total cost looks like to be -from screen shot they send me = 254.50 x 24+595+150+108+395= 7356

I want to pay close to 6100-6200

We are new Leaf owners. Actually signed a new lease tonight at a much better price than the already very good price I had received. Ended up with a couple of dealerships seriously competing over the sale with hours left in the month. I don't pretend to understand dealership finances, but apparently making their numbers by the end of the month was very important.

On an SV + LED/quick charge, mats. $205 cash at signing and $205/mo for 23 months. $395 disposition fee. That includes docs, taxes, fees, etc. Total cost for the lease $5315.

I think it was an odd combination of events to seemingly get an unusually good deal. I don't think this will be easily repeatable.

evnow said:
abhik said:
My total cost looks like to be -from screen shot they send me = 254.50 x 24+595+150+108+395= 7356

Do you qualify for vpp ?

Nope, checked the list. t-Mobile is not there :(

dm33 said:
We are new Leaf owners. Actually signed a new lease tonight at a much better price than the already very good price I had received. Ended up with a couple of dealerships seriously competing over the sale with hours left in the month. I don't pretend to understand dealership finances, but apparently making their numbers by the end of the month was very important.

On an SV + LED/quick charge, mats. $205 cash at signing and $205/mo for 23 months. $395 disposition fee. That includes docs, taxes, fees, etc. Total cost for the lease $5315.

I think it was an odd combination of events to seemingly get an unusually good deal. I don't think this will be easily repeatable.

Wow! That's $300 cheaper than what I got on VPP for the same car, and I know i got a smoking deal.. That is a steal! Amazing that leases on the same car can vary from $5300 - $9000.

I got my new Leaf!

I have a 36 month, 12000 miles/year lease for a Leaf S with the charging package. $2500 driveoff, $201/month. No VPP.

I got my lease from Northbay Nissan in Petaluma, CA

abhik said:

Actually that $254 should include all other fees etc, except for $395.

VPP price with zero down for base SV is about $220. So, if you get close to that it would be a good deal.

evnow said:
abhik said:

Actually that $254 should include all other fees etc, except for $395.

VPP price with zero down for base SV is about $220. So, if you get close to that it would be a good deal.

Ah I C

So only thing I need to worry about disp. Fee then. I just asked them if they can confirm this.

They send me another quote with down payment.

with $1,000 down the payment would be $209.32, with $2,000 down it would be $164.14.

Btw This is with Bremerton Advantage Nissan & Advantage Autoworks.

abhik said:
with $1,000 down the payment would be $209.32, with $2,000 down it would be $164.14.

That looks decent. You can take these to other dealers and ask them to beat it if they want your business.

evnow said:
abhik said:

That looks decent. You can take these to other dealers and ask them to beat it if they want your business.

Another quote with $0 down, $226.77 PM includes all the fees etc. except disp.

How this one looking?

My SV came with the Bose sound system and the 360 view camera system. I didn't want either of those, but ended up getting them for free, because I was promised an SV with no other options for $150/month and they didn't actually have one. I was especially Irked about the sound system, because the subwoofer box takes up a significant amount of space in the cargo area, but after driving the car a few times I actually like the sound system for its other features - I appear to have XM satellite radio, at least for the moment, the sound is really great even with the bass at a reasonable level, and I can put 100 albums on a USB stick and have them available to play. It also raises the volume as speed increases, as much or as little as I decide. The camera system is also great. You have to get used to the odd perspective, but unlike the regular backup camera, which seems to be trying to get you to back right into whatever is behind you ("Don't worry - it's still a LONG way away!"), the multiple camera system gives you red, yellow and green reference/guide lines in the view to show you safe vs unsafe clearances.

I also like the silver color more every day, so while I don't think I should have been tortured by heat, waiting and cars with the wrong options for six hours total at the dealership, I finally think I got a good deal. $3000 down plus a $60 unexpected DMV fee (no VPP), $149 a month for 24 months with the first month paid in the down payment, and I *think* a $395 dispo fee that I'm sure I can get waived if I lease another one, or hit the lottery and buy this car off lease.

LeftieBiker said:
My SV came with the Bose sound system and the 360 view camera system. I didn't want either of those, but ended up getting them for free, because I was promised an SV with no other options for $150/month and they didn't actually have one. I was especially Irked about the sound system, because the subwoofer box takes up a significant amount of space in the cargo area, but after driving the car a few times I actually like the sound system for its other features - I appear to have XM satellite radio, at least for the moment, the sound is really great even with the bass at a reasonable level, and I can put 100 albums on a USB stick and have them available to play. It also raises the volume as speed increases, as much or as little as I decide. The camera system is also great. You have to get used to the odd perspective, but unlike the regular backup camera, which seems to be trying to get you to back right into whatever is behind you ("Don't worry - it's still a LONG way away!"), the multiple camera system gives you red, yellow and green reference/guide lines in the view to show you safe vs unsafe clearances.

I also like the silver color more every day, so while I don't think I should have been tortured by heat, waiting and cars with the wrong options for six hours total at the dealership, I finally think I got a good deal. $3000 down plus a $60 unexpected DMV fee (no VPP), $149 a month for 24 months with the first month paid in the down payment, and I *think* a $395 dispo fee that I'm sure I can get waived if I lease another one, or hit the lottery and buy this car off lease.

You got a great deal! Your story above could have been written by me, there are so many similarities! I also ended up with a 2013 SV, silver, Bose + camera, but had to pay for the package. Mine was $2500 down, no sales tax, $100 DMV fee, $295/mo for 24 months, $395 dispo fee - either I got totally ripped off, or you live in a state that has a big incentive.
I also had to endure a frustrating delay at the dealer (Robertson Nissan, Pasco WA) - but only an hour, not the six you had. The dealer put on a good show but I could tell their heart was not really in it. I don't think they make much on the Leaf - but it looks like they did on mine!
The subwoofer can easily be removed, 3 10mm screws and a small wiring connector (plug is tricky, be gentle). I also removed the rear seat headrests so I can fold them more easily. Happy Leafin'!

Maybe that took it away on some of the 2013s, but the 2011 and 2012s have that too on the SL... You do have to make sure it is enabled in the setup screen however as it can optionally be turned off...

LeftieBiker said:
but unlike the regular backup camera, which seems to be trying to get you to back right into whatever is behind you ("Don't worry - it's still a LONG way away!"), the multiple camera system gives you red, yellow and green reference/guide lines in the view to show you safe vs unsafe clearances.

Back