2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not the best you can get in my opinion. I got $1000 down + $250/month all included for an SV + QC. I as a principle never get pre-paid maintenance.

leafricko said:
We went to another dealer to get a quote as well as online... Went back to the dealer and demand an explanation... They just said sorry and 'price-match' to the other dealer. Now, we will get ~230 on (base + qc + maintenance package)... In the end, the store manager make it right ! Kudos to him on that !

It is fortunate that we did not 'start' the lease yet becos we did not walk away with the car as it was not there yet. We saved 120 USD per month. To all leaf buyer or in general, car leaser or buyer... arm urself with lots of info and do alot of comparison shopping online and off.

PS: We got 'EXCELLENT' credit of above 800 BTW

leafricko said:
Hi guys,

Me and my buddy went to lease a Leaf 2014 S + QC without reading this site yet. It was a sudden urge when we did not like Prius test drive.

In the end, we sign the lease... paid 2,500 and our month charges is suppose to be 346 per month for the above. We are in NOCAL (SFO)

Question 1:
Do you think we paid too much !

Question 2:
How can we lower down to the real price for S + QC or upgrade to SV + QC or just back out. We need help from you guys to arm us with info before we go back to the dealer to kick them.

Also, i think the dealer is not honest to us as i personally show him my VPP but he says that his offer supercede it.

Thanks in advance !

I got a lease on a '14 SL with Premium Package, $256.xx/month including tax.

$2500 down (CA still have $2500 rebate), so offset my down payment.
12k/year, 3/year lease.

So yes, you pay too much.

-ThinkMac-

Just leased a new 2014 S today.

36 month lease, 15k miles/year, $2000 down, $172/mo

The details:

State : WA
Sales tax % : Exempt
Leaf Trim, options : S, QC, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, Hologram Kick Plates (silly, I know, but they we already there :) )
MSRP :$31,830
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : $26,613
Taxes, Title, Registration : $248
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $595 Acq fee, $150 doc fee
Money Factor : Unknown
Downpayment : $2000
Monthly payment : $172

Total capitalized cost: $17,554

Just extended my 2012 lease 6 months for the current $99/month payment. Was told the extension was "month to month" meaning that I could ask the lease be ended by giving notice and having the car inspected per policy. Nice to know. Thanks to the board for bringing the extension matter up!

Which dealer did you go through?
We are in Seattle, wanting to lease a LEAF.
Who are the favorite/best dealers and salespeople to work with in the Puget Sound area?
Thanks a lot!

rcrow said:
Just leased a new 2014 S today.

36 month lease, 15k miles/year, $2000 down, $172/mo

The details:

State : WA
Sales tax % : Exempt
Leaf Trim, options : S, QC, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, Hologram Kick Plates (silly, I know, but they we already there :) )
MSRP :$31,830
Negotiated Price : $26,613
Taxes, Title, Registration : $248
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $595 Acq fee, $150 doc fee
Money Factor : Unknown
Downpayment : $2000
Monthly payment : $172

Total capitalized cost: $17,554

SeaMark said:
Which dealer did you go through?
We are in Seattle, wanting to lease a LEAF.
Who are the favorite/best dealers and salespeople to work with in the Puget Sound area?
Thanks a lot!

SeaMark -

Went through Larson Nissan in Fife. Ask for Travis

First Post -

I have been following this thread as I am interested in the Leaf. I went to two dealers in MD / VA area. First one did not even bother showing me a leaf. After waiting for 1 hour, I left and went to a prius dealer. I was not that impressed with a Prius, good car, did not like the internal layout.

Test drove a SL, with QC / LED + Premium + Mats + Flaps and couple of other things. Got the following offer.

MSRP - 35800
MF - 0.0000003
Residual - 41%
Nissan Lease Rebate - $8300
Downpayment - 1000
Invoice showed was about $32800

3 Years / 12000 -
I got a quote of $348 / month ( All included, taxes, delivery , etc )

I asked to get it down to $260, he said can't do. He showed me numbers We decided to walk out. I am wondering what price should I be targeting for. I have excellent credit.

Thanks,
JB

State : Oregon
Sales tax % : 0
Leaf Trim, options : 2013 SV, QC+LED lights
MSRP : $34,580
Negotiated Price : $27,924
Taxes, Title, Registration : Included
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : Included
Money Factor : .00008
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $252.47

12,000 miles per year.

pdxjoe said:
State : Oregon
Sales tax % : 0
Leaf Trim, options : 2013 SV, QC+LED lights
MSRP : $34,580
Negotiated Price : $27,924
Taxes, Title, Registration : Included
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : Included
Money Factor : .00008
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $252.47

12,000 miles per year.

2013??
What federal and state credit for purchase or lease ?

pdxjoe said:
No Premium package.

This was a lease. Only 46 miles on the vehicle.

It was a bit weird to lease a 2013 when the 2015 models are right around the corner....

What state / federal EV iuncentives ? does Oregon receive.
Do you have VPP ?

If no VPP thats a good deal for SV. NO idea why is 2013 ? will insurance be less for a 2013 car ?

No State Incentives offered. No VPP.

Per lease agreement:
Goss Capitalized Cost: $31,019
Adjusted Capitalized Cost (after dealer rebate, discount, etc.): $23,271.47
Residual Value: $17,290
Monthly Payment: $252.47

I'm sure it's possible to pay less. But this offer worked for me and I felt that continuing negotiation was going to grind out for pennies. I'm already saving so much going electric!

Only problem will be in two years I will have to shop the market again. I am assuming that technology will improve, but it's hard to imagine that prices could ever get better.

So i went to another dealer and they quoted me the following

Car Selected - SV + QC / LED + Premium Package
Car MSRP - $35969
Selling Price after lease cash - $25287
Down payment - $2500

Lease - $321 / month - 2014

How much should I be targetting ?

I was leaning more towards 250-260 range after 2500 down.

Thanks,
JB

Been striking out in the LA area. Went to two Nissan dealerships to look for an S+QC or SV+QC. For the latter model, one sales rep quoted me $2,000 down + $280 per month (plus tax) and the other quote me $2,000 down + $374 (with tax). :(

You should ask your local dealer to match this deal:
http://www.choosenissan.com/west/dealer-incentives.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They will ship you a Leaf if you want to deal with them.

Only problem will be in two years I will have to shop the market again. I am assuming that technology will improve, but it's hard to imagine that prices could ever get better.

If you are happy with the car and the payment, Nissan will extend the lease by at least six months upon request, and it's starting to look like they may do multiple extensions as well. I'm planning to extend my two year lease by at least six months and maybe more, as I have a low monthly payment.

LeftieBiker said:
If you are happy with the car and the payment, Nissan will extend the lease by at least six months upon request, and it's starting to look like they may do multiple extensions as well. I'm planning to extend my two year lease by at least six months and maybe more, as I have a low monthly payment.

That is great info, Thanks!

Back