2024 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davida

Just got my 2024 Leaf after havng a 2012 for 3 years.

1. Is there any way to turn on the digital speedometer other than when in cruise control?

2. Is there any way to NOT have the headlights on when the car is on?

Many thanks for any advice on these.

See '24 Leaf Owners Manual: https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/servicemanuals/nissan/2024-leaf.pdf

1) You can cycle through different driver info displays by pushing the right or left buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. One of these has a digital numeric speedometer. This is documented starting on page 2-26 in the manual.

2) Headlight controls are on the left at the end of the turn signal lever. Headlight controls are documented in the manual on page 2-48 through 2-53. There is an OFF position. I always leave mine in the ON position, as I think it's safer to drive with them on, and I don't have to think about turning them on for rain or darkness. If you want auto high/low beams at night, you have to use the AUTO position on the lever. I find this feature works better on or '20 RAV4 Hybrid than on the '23 Leaf, so I don't use AUTO.

My '23 SV+ has LED lights and they should last for years before I need to replace them. I love that modern cars turn off the headlights shortly after turning them off (unless you have a door open, so if you notice your car still has lights on a minute after you close it, check to make sure all doors are fully shut). I find it really annoying that the car asks me to turn off lights when I am getting out (same for our RAV4), so I ignore it. You may have other ideas.

See '24 Leaf Owners Manual: https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/servicemanuals/nissan/2024-leaf.pdf

1) You can cycle through different driver info displays by pushing the right or left buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. One of these has a digital numeric speedometer. This is documented starting on page 2-26 in the manual.

2) Headlight controls are on the left at the end of the turn signal lever. Headlight controls are documented in the manual on page 2-48 through 2-53. There is an OFF position. I always leave mine in the ON position, as I think it's safer to drive with them on, and I don't have to think about turning them on for rain or darkness. If you want auto high/low beams at night, you have to use the AUTO position on the lever. I find this feature works better on or '20 RAV4 Hybrid than on the '23 Leaf, so I don't use AUTO.

My '23 SV+ has LED lights and they should last for years before I need to replace them. I love that modern cars turn off the headlights shortly after turning them off (unless you have a door open, so if you notice your car still has lights on a minute after you close it, check to make sure all doors are fully shut). I find it really annoying that the car asks me to turn off lights when I am getting out (same for our RAV4), so I ignore it. You may have other ideas.
Thanks Steve, valuable info here.

Back