3 honks from car while filling up tires from DC port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgs333

Today I used a tire inflator that plugs into the DC/cigaratte port to fill up my tires. The car was plugged in to 120V and I hit the start button twice (without touching the brake pedal) to turn the DC port on and I started to fill up. Then every few minutes the car honked three times. I looked at the dashboard to check for any error messages but there were none. Then it kept doing this while I continue to fill up the other tires.

The key was left in the center console.

Is this a warning that I'm draining the battery by using something that draws a lot of electricity? Or is this a warning that the car is plugged in and left on? I searched and couldn't easily find an answer.

Oh interesting, I was already at around 38-39 psi cold and was filling up to 44 all around, I thought the recommended was something like 36, which would mean I was already above the recommended psi, so was it telling me to stop pumping?

mgs333 said:
Oh interesting, I was already at around 38-39 psi cold and was filling up to 44 all around, I thought the recommended was something like 36, which would mean I was already above the recommended psi, so was it telling me to stop pumping?
Yes, but you can of course ignore it. I had mine inflated to 42, and I think a few others here go much higher.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
It has happened to me also. It just means your at recommended psi for the tire.
It's a feature: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-declares-easy-fill-tire-alert-a-signature-innovation-on-all-newly-designed-models" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and has been highlighted in ads for other Nissans.

Search the PDF of your manual for easy fill. It’s on page 5-4 Starting and Driving of the ’13 Leaf manual.

51 PSI on my winter Nokians (which is there max). I had the stock tires at 48 and they were fine but I've been use to high PSI for a while now.

Back