30% Federal Tax Credit for Home Charging EVSE - What Form???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graffi

I am trying to do my 2013 Taxes and can not find what form to use for the Tax Credit.

Anyone know what form? We leased the Leaf so Nissan got the credit for the vehicle, but we get a 30% credit for the home charging station. Any help would be appreciated.

Form 8911 will do the trick...I didn't get the EVSE credit this year after getting the 7500 credit on a car...The TMT calculation disqualified me....

Randy said:
Form 8911 will do the trick...I didn't get the EVSE credit this year after getting the 7500 credit on a car...The TMT calculation disqualified me....

Thanks much. I gave up trying to search on the IRS site, posted here, then finally did a google search that turned up an article that also told me to use for 8911.

Randy said:
What's TMT? I claimed the $7,500 credit, but TurboTax also approved the 30% federal credit for my EVSE.

For those following along with TurboTax on form 8911:

Line 14 lists your regular tax before credits
Line 15 lists Credits that reduce tax before the AFV Refueling property credit (this is where the $7500 for the car showed up)
Line 16 is Net Regular Tax (Line 14 minus Line 15) - This is still a positive number
Line 17 is the Tentative Minimum Tax from Form 6251 line 33 (this number is only $300 less than my Line 14 number)
Line 18 is where you subtract Line 17 from Line 16. This number is negative for me, which takes away the credit.

This is due (like I said) to the Tentative Minimum Tax calculation on line 17.

Your mileage may vary, but that's what my form shows...

Same here. I used TaxAct and did not qualify because of the Tentative Minimum Tax. Now I understand why some people recommended not buying the EVSE the same year as the LEAF, however that would be really hard to time, i.e. I couldn't survive without my EVSE for over 2 weeks. The EVSE tax credit expired on Dec 31, 2013 and as far as I know, it wasn't renewed: http://www.greencarreports.com/news...arging-station-tax-credit-expires-on-dec-31st

Back