My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rawhog said:
Vacaville L3 charging station.

I propose that as many interested parties as possible gather for a photo session at the Vacaville L3 station. Let's get some photos of thirsty LEAFs at the trough with nothing to slake their thirst. Get a bit of attention through blogs, web sites, and maybe local media. Put a bit of embarrassment toward the situation. It might shake some people in hierarchical positions into action.

I'd head up there with my Leaf for the photo-op... but I wouldn't have the power to get back! :shock:

earther said:
rawhog said:

I propose that as many interested parties as possible gather for a photo session at the Vacaville L3 station. Let's get some photos of thirsty LEAFs at the trough with nothing to slake their thirst. Get a bit of attention through blogs, web sites, and maybe local media. Put a bit of embarrassment toward the situation. It might shake some people in hierarchical positions into action.

I'd head up there with my Leaf for the photo-op... but I wouldn't have the power to get back! :shock:

+1.
87.3mi from Santa Clara. :(

earther said:
rawhog said:

You could drive there in your ICE and pose for the photo op holding a poster showing your leaf and the number of pounds of CO2 produced on account of no L3

walterbays said:
You could drive there in your ICE and pose for the photo op holding a poster showing your leaf and the number of pounds of CO2 produced on account of no L3
:idea: :!: :!: YES !

( I am about 65 miles one-way ... )

This is a great idea. Perhaps anyone who passes or is in the area ought to stop, take a photo with their car and a sign "EVs are here now! Let the juice flow!" or something like that.

Warning:
Causing enough embarrassment COULD result in the QC being REMOVED.

It might be better to politely find out HOW TO HELP.
Perhaps how to make praising publicity, after all,
SOMEBODY got that QC machine installed!

Maybe make an appointment, and end up taking that person to lunch
in YOUR LEAF.

Then, you might discuss strategies for building a REALLY useful QC
network, not just installing one unit at a hotel that is 10 miles off the freeway.

Maybe raise awareness by helping to get QC installed
in 4 additional, more-mainstream locations.
Perhaps sites at the four "edges" of Sacramento, or some such?

After all, a PU could be a great partner to have ON YOUR SIDE
in this infrastructure struggle, right?

Or, get them to help get the Nissan QC certified for USA use?

Stick or Food ... both will motivate.
Which would you want?

PG&E turned on Quick charger for NY times before.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/automobiles/autoreviews/12ELECTRIC.html?_r=2&hp=&pagewanted=all

May be we should propose PG&E to study usage pattern of Quick charger before buying new unit and ask PG&E to turn on Quick charger for one Saturday.

Back