Is it me or were those people in Chicago idiots?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombastinator2

There was all this news about people having their cars freeze in the cold. This makes sense because NOT HAVING YOUR OWN PERSONAL CHARGE PORT STIKES ME AS ASSININE. If you can’t get get one DON’T HAVE AN ELECTRIC CAR! For one the cost of electricity is vastly higher. I pay ~18¢/kwh with a home charger and I understand that is fairly high nationally. (Though some people pay like 50¢ sometimes which takes a lot of the fun out of it) At the rate I pay, for an ICE car of equivelant performance I’m paying about a buck and Chang a gallon equivalent for gas. My statement is I’ll stop laughing if gas drops below $2/gal. I suspect they were people who didn’t have chargers and bought teslas when the superchargers were free. Ideally garage your car and if you park on an open lot if you can put flower boxes around it or something to block the wind blowing under your car. I suspect electricians are doing a brisk business in Chicago.

This guy flew out to investigate, summary, he found the issue was the large amount of ride share (taxi) drivers taking up the charging spots and everyone else panics and others make a news story about it.

Back