75 Mile Roundtrip...a few questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobGeisel said:
Since the OP only makes this trip once or twice a month, another option would be take a cab or shuttle to the airport. When I travel on company business, I expense travel to/from the airport.

Leave the LEAF at home and let someone else do the driving.

But then the OP can't make a killing getting his mileage reimbursed from his company :mrgreen:

Well, I have a 54 mile round trip to the airport, virtually all freeway, but for winter trips my two-year-old LEAF in our relatively mild climate is now usually down to about LBW when I get home. And, yes, I start at 100% for that trip. The catch is that we typically get behind schedule and I feel rushed on the way to the airport. I usually drive not much more than 60, but end up closer to 70 for the outbound leg of the trip.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Well, I have a 54 mile round trip to the airport, virtually all freeway, but for winter trips my two-year-old LEAF in our relatively mild climate is now usually down to about LBW when I get home. And, yes, I start at 100% for that trip. The catch is that we typically get behind schedule and I feel rushed on the way to the airport. I usually drive not much more than 60, but end up closer to 70 for the outbound leg of the trip.

Ray

the speed makes a huge difference. I do a 60 mile round trip 3-4 times a week. the other day was running late (3 AM pick up!) so was doing 70 mph and then had to baby it home about 50-52 mph and rolled in with about 2 miles to spare.

today, did same trip and ended up except it was 60 going and coming and parked it with 21% SOC good for another 15 miles!

Back