ABG: The $7,500 EV subsidy and why FOX news got it wrong

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidV

Bottom line: let's pretend that there was zero U.S. involvement in the Leaf. The subsidy still makes good economic sense because it is a hell of a lot cheaper and a far smarter long term investment helping consumers buy EVs than subsidizing the price of foreign oil.

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/12/27/opinion-why-early-ev-adopters-deserve-tax-credits-electric-vehicle/

screen-shot-2010-12-19-at-11.25.14-am.png

-- DavidV :D

Not sure promoting one ABG posts on threads here is needed. People that browse here read ABG, I know they need to keep up their continuous posts of silly blogs to get traffic but cross posting is a bit much. It seems ABG is more concerned with traffic than anything else, regardless of the relevance of this article.

Eh, I regularly read ABG and am happy to see the LEAF related articles cross posted here - especially when a member is the author.

The commenting system on ABG sucks - this forum is much better.

@DavidV - I doubt you will find many people to argue with you here, although I think you could have flushed out your arguments a bit more as seen in the ABG comments.

These topics are already covered here and ABG has turned into a junk blog driven by traffic through sensationalistic headlines. The articles are cut and paste and rarely fact checked and many cover nonsense and spread inaccurate information on EVs. I also don't see how Range Rovers are green, it's all very poor blogging and redundant material from Autoblog.

Getting off topic, but this particular article was not a copy-paste job. I'm sure that David V takes offense at that assumption based on the articles he has posted to ABG. Sure - a lot of the content there is fluff, but their real writers do occasionally produce some decent content.

drees said:
Getting off topic, but this particular article was not a copy-paste job. I'm sure that David V takes offense at that assumption based on the articles he has posted to ABG. Sure - a lot of the content there is fluff, but their real writers do occasionally produce some decent content.

Thanks, drees. Not only am I a member here, like many (most?) members here, I am also a soon-to-be Leaf owner so hopefully I'll have some insights worth sharing here from time to time.

Although I had seen a number of different angles on the FOX interview explored in various threads here, the specific reference to oil subsidies as a counterpoint to the criticism of the American Clean Energy and Security Act was not one I recall having seen discussed, and thought it might merit some attention and further discussion both here and on ABG.

I'm glad for the cross-posting in this case since I don't go to ABG that much anymore. I had found myself filtering their news for Leaf news, and lately they've just been cross-posting from MyNissanLeaf! This forum is where it's at for Leaf junkies...

OK, on the subject of the subsidy and Fox, although I don't give Fox the time of day, it's helpful to know several arguments/rebuttals for when others bring it up.

Thanks David!
-Bill

DavidV said:
drees said:

Thanks, drees. Not only am I a member here, like many (most?) members here, I am also a soon-to-be Leaf owner so hopefully I'll have some insights worth sharing here from time to time.

Although I had seen a number of different angles on the FOX interview explored in various threads here, the specific reference to oil subsidies as a counterpoint to the criticism of the American Clean Energy and Security Act was not one I recall having seen discussed, and thought it might merit some attention and further discussion both here and on ABG.

This was not about David and I mentioned this article was on-topic, it is better to have others post ones article so it does not look like promotion. I have complimented his work before, the issue for me is the rep of ABG. I don't see any point on commenting on anything on FOX as it's almost a waste of time.

Back