Accuracy of range and efficiency from various sources

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aibo

Which one is the most accurate and which one is the most inaccurate based on 2013 model?

1) SOC
2) GOM
3) Onboard Carwings Energy Info (average km/kWh)
4) Carwings website historical data

aibo said:
Which one is the most accurate and which one is the most inaccurate based on 2013 model?

1) SOC
2) GOM
3) Onboard Carwings Energy Info (average km/kWh)
4) Carwings website historical data

Not all cars have Carwings, so you can eliminate 3 and 4 for those cars. The GOM is just that, so I vote number 1.

The only problem with the dash SOC% is that as the battery degrades (or is exceptionally cold), that 100% has a different actual value of stored energy.

The best is a Gidmeter or the LEAF Spy app on Android devices.

Today, SOC was 79% before I left home. After I drove 46km, the SOC dropped to 43%. If we assume the usable capacity is 21kWh, 7.56kW was used. The average would be 6.08km/kWh (3.75 miles/kWh). However, the car's dash shows an average of 7.8km/kWh (4.8 miles/kWh). Why is there such big discrepancy? It's off by over 25%. 7.8km/kWh seems to make sense as it was city driving with top speed around 60km/hr (37mph). GOM projection is close to 7.3km/kWh (4.56 miles/kWh).

It's hard to determine the estimated if there isn't a reading I can trust.

Back