AeroVironment Sale on Amazon - $799

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lencap

There is a $150 coupon on Amazon to buy this charger with the 15' cord for $799 brand new from the company. The sale is only for the 15' cord model.

http://www.amazon.com/AeroVironment-Residential-Charger-cable-EVSE-RS/dp/B00AAKQWKM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Free shipping, but not Prime.

Glad to see the prices of EVSEs finally coming down.

It also helps to have the Bosch and newer Blink units (both rebadged Delta EVSEs?) gaining attention w/their lower prices.

The one nice thing about this unit is that it's one of the few EVSE units protecting against power surges.

rolo2285 said:
I don't see it. Is the sale already over?
You have to click on the link "Special Offers Available". If you do you'll see:
Special Offers and Product Promotions

SAVE $150 NOW on AeroVironment's EVSE with 15 FT Cable. Use promo code 15FTSAVE at Checkout. Limited Time Only. Enter code 15FTSAVE at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Hmmm ... I wonder if they're thinking is that they won't be able to move as many L2 evse's into the plug-in market now - with so manyhome brew options, and Nissan dealers making available free quick charging.

No, I think it all has to do with pricing finally coming down, look at the pricing of the new Bosch units. The catch is that the cords are 'short' (although 15' is plenty IMO).

Just received mine last night, and forgot to mention, didn't have to pay tax for a change.

The only thing I am somewhat confused about is the power surge protection feature ("Protection against live power and power surges"), I don't see a mention of it in the manual that came with this unit. I do see it has a built-in GFCI, but hopefully that's not what they are referring to.

Still debating whether to install this myself, or contact an electrician. Only a 10ft run, walls are open, and am familiar with how NEC code wants me to run this.

Back