After-Market parts and accessories we would like to see

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInSeattle

I'd like someone to make Leather Seat Covers ASAP, someone mentioned a light for the charging port, still another wants a 2 inch receiver for bike racks, etc. What else would improve our Leafs?

Even before my LEAF is delivered, I'm looking for:

plastic covers for the cloth-covered hand grips used to open and close the doors

Azrich said:
Even before my LEAF is delivered, I'm looking for:

plastic covers for the cloth-covered hand grips used to open and close the doors

I think they wear white cloves in Japan while driving. What were they thinking!

Where to start:

Proper charger or PFC charger interface kit for L3
KW meter/hack
SOC meter/hack
Regen recalibration kit or regen adjustment module
OEM heated seat kit
Factory looking seat covers
Module to adjust steering feedback/hack
Ultra-low weight wheels
Portable 120/240v EVSE

The "Aero" body kit and like EVDriver mentioned, ultra lightweight wheels (perimeter rim weight is far more important than low rolling resistance tires).

TRONZ said:
The "Aero" body kit and like EVDriver mentioned, ultra lightweight wheels (perimeter rim weight is far more important than low rolling resistance tires).

I forgot aero kit, one that is actually functional. Wheels could be a big boost on efficiency for sure but expensive, something one could feel when driving.

Some mild suspension modifications such as lowering springs and perhaps swaybars. Nothing too aggressive - an inch to reduce the fender gap and liven up the ride a bit without sacrificing too much bump travel or NVH!

Lowering might even reduce aero drag, too. :)

TRONZ said:

I would think that low inertia wheels wouldn't make as much a dent as low rolling resistance at steady speed/highway driving. Lower weight overall would be a plus, of course...

Aero kit needs rear wheel skirts!

I'll add:

Smarter charge timer management. Charging should start immediately if plugged in during the "timer window" rather than needing to manually override the timer if you're a minute late plugging in. It also seems the timers aren't that accurate and difficult to set up to maximize use of super-off-peak rates.

The ability to select min and max charge states. For example it's presumably bad to keep topping off the battery every single night, so set the max SOC to 90% but the min to say 60% so it won't charge until SOC hits or goes below 60%... with override, of course.

Possibly better heater arrangement, depending on what the cold weather package comes up with.
=Smidge=

While we are mentioning wheels... could someone with a LEAF provide the bolt spacing and offset of the stock wheels? It might even be somewhere in the owners manuel. Thank You.

TRONZ said:
While we are mentioning wheels... could someone with a LEAF provide the bolt spacing and offset of the stock wheels? It might even be somewhere in the owners manuel. Thank You.

I won't make a joke about this one:)

In-car (& remote) setting of heat-to and cool-to temperatures.

Remote Stop-Charging command.

Possible work-around:
If one has set the Heat/Cool to have priority over Charging, and you turn on H/AC (remotely) for 1 minute while charging, does that cancel (stop) the charging, or does charging resume after the one minute?

TRONZ said:
You're right, it is on page 9-5.

16 x 6 1/2J 40mm offset (1.57")

Stock tires are 205/55R16 89H

Lets add the original aerodynamic Leaf mirrors to the list of things I'd like to be able to get.

Here's a picture of the vehicle with them...they looked so nice...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-leaf/med/#2180614

aftermarket leather (dealer installed) with heated seats
Dryer plug adapter with extension
battery blanket/warmer pad
CARWINGS API

drees said:
TRONZ said:
You're right, it is on page 9-5.

16 x 6 1/2J 40mm offset (1.57")

Stock tires are 205/55R16 89H

Thank You! The irony is that as of this morning I could have looked it up in our owners manual as well.

Back