Aftermarket seat heater -- remote climate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!

This is my first topic on this forum...I've been trolling since Nissan began deliveries....

I recently purchased a 2011 LEAF that does not have the Cold Climate Package, I was looking at the wiki for installing the seat heaters but wanted to know if there was a way to wire the Aftermarket heaters to activate at the same time you activate the remote climate system.

Clear as mud? :?

it is but not sure i see the benefit. seat heaters dont really radiate a lot of heat and unless your butt is in contact with the seat, not sure that preheating it would be a good idea.

now, i have aftermarket seat heaters given to me that simply strap on so not built in or nothing and very low powered and yes they do take time to heat up but not too bad.

DaveinOlyWA said:
it is but not sure i see the benefit. seat heaters dont really radiate a lot of heat and unless your butt is in contact with the seat, not sure that preheating it would be a good idea.

now, i have aftermarket seat heaters given to me that simply strap on so not built in or nothing and very low powered and yes they do take time to heat up but not too bad.

I was just thinking it would be an added convenience to have the seat already warm. I don't plan on using my heater this winter...I'll need every kW to get to work in the mornings.

tomorrowmatters said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

I was just thinking it would be an added convenience to have the seat already warm. I don't plan on using my heater this winter...I'll need every kW to get to work in the mornings.

well as far as wiring it up, it can be done no doubt but not sure how easy it would be to do

Back