Alarm stuck on (activated / going off even when driven!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manufacturevalue

Hello,

I'm posting here as well as attempting to chase it through with my Nissan dealer.. (Dealer barely answers the phone so I'm not holding out much hope for their troubleshooting responsiveness).

I have a 62kW Leaf - delivered in Jan 2020. In the past few months the alarm has been going off for no obvious reason.
What is more strange - it is impossible to silence it.

Unlocking the doors, opening the doors, powering up the car, charging the car, driving the car!!! doesn't stop it. Pressing the button above the driver to turn off the interior alarm sensors also does not silence the alarm.
It constantly goes off for - what I expect to be a system limited - 30 minutes and then its good for around about a week maybe two, then the same happens.

12V battery measuring at exactly 13 volts with a multi-meter.

I've ruled the keys out as a problem as it still happened when the keys were left in a metal box (in case somehow they were sending a panic alarm button instruction, though I don't think the UK keyfob has this function).

Any suggestions or ideas are very welcome!

Are you measuring the 12 volt battery voltage with the car On or Off? The DC-DC converter provides a constant 13 volts while the car is on, regardless of the actual state of the accessory battery, so you have to turn the car off ( or better still, vice versa), pop the hood, wait 20+ minutes, then measure the terminal voltage without opening the doors. I'm not saying that this is the problem, just that you have to properly eliminate it before moving on.

The voltage was measured while the car was off but while the car was charging (also while the alarm was in its not-stopping mode).
So the 13 volts potentially could be charging state. (But then I'd also expect the alarm to see the 13 volts and no longer be persistently alarming).

Is this a factory alarm or something added by the dealer? USA cars have a very basic alarm system and no buttons to control/silence it. In either case, it should be under warranty so take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

My experience with the factory alarm is that it may go into alarm if the 12V battery is deeply discharged and then either replaced or connected to a booster battery. If it is from a discharged 12V battery, the factory alarm should clear when the car is placed into ready mode by pressing the brake pedal and then pressing the power switch.

Should be the standard factory fitted. And I agree about the warranty thing - trouble beeing the dealer seems either overworked or underinterested and why I'm asking here too. I have more confidence on people on enthuseasts on the internet having a better idea about what might be goign on than the dealer!

Latest posts

Back