AM and PM Reversed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERG4ALL

I have been using the 120V trickle charging and had our LEAF set to start at off-peak at 7:00PM and to stop charging at 12:00PM (i.e. noon) the next day (if necessary). I took the car in a few weeks ago and got the latest software updates. It was fine until we started taking longer trips and getting down to two bars of charge when we started a re-charge. The next morning I noticed that the battery wasn't charged to the full 80%. This happened twice, yet in the past it always would charge to 80%. I suspected, after some seat-of-the-pants calculations, that the charger was turning off at midnight. So, yesterday I re-set the charge time to come on at 7:00PM and to turn off at 11:50AM. This morning everything was fine and the car was at 80%. I'm thinking that the programmer for the latest software must have used midnight as 12:00PM whereas the earlier programmer used midnight as 12:00AM. No big thing to avoid the noon/midnight conundrum, but was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Back