Anti Lock Brakes Issue?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spindoctor

Had a raccoon run out in front of me last night. Jumped on the brakes, the rear left locked up and spun the car 180 leaving me nose to nose with the car behind me who stopped just in time. Not happy.

Anyone else had any ABS issues?

Second brake issue posted in "grabby brakes" issue in this same problems thread:

I had the grabby brake syndrome on my 2012 the other day but in a weird way. I was crossing RR tracks and car hit different causing a big "bump." My windshield wipers turned on and sprayed the windshield also and the brakes went super grabby. Pulled over, shut off, restarted and the grabbiness went away. Very weird.

Spindoctor said:
Had a raccoon run out in front of me last night. Jumped on the brakes, the rear left locked up and spun the car 180 leaving me nose to nose with the car behind me who stopped just in time. Not happy.
That is NOT the way ABS should work. The whole idea behind it is to not allow tires to lock up under heavy braking. I would have my braking system inspected ASAP if that happened to me. Something is wrong.

TT

ttweed said:
That is NOT the way ABS should work. The whole idea behind it is to not allow tires to lock up under heavy braking. I would have my braking system inspected ASAP if that happened to me. Something is wrong.
I'll certainly agree on getting the car checked - might not be so lucky if it happens again.

Spindoctor said:
Had a raccoon run out in front of me last night. Jumped on the brakes, the rear left locked up and spun the car 180 leaving me nose to nose with the car behind me who stopped just in time.
This sounds like ABS wasn't working. Definitely take it in and have it checked. Hopefully this is an actual hardware malfunction and not a software bug that could bite others.

Back