Anyone actually got the free charger from the CEC program?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbox409

So I got my leaf on the first Tuesday and got a free charger assigned to me. I was very excited since now that I can just charge at home with the L2 instead of the trickle charger. They finally send a GreenTech guy out to look at the panel and what not and I just got an estimate today in the email. It's $730 for permit and "administration fee", there is $280 for extra 20 ft wire outside of 30ft included with the program. Since I could have gotten the charger from Amazon and have it install for maybe equal or less than that. This so call "free charger with installation" doesn't seem like such a good deal after all. t am just wondering if other people also get charged for this or someone actually got a charger installed for nothing?

My extra charge was supposed to be $650, but I needed more extra feet beyond the 30, maybe like 60 feet more? The panel was on the other side of the house as my garage.

I was able to pull the permits myself, and the charge for the permit was about 50 bucks.

The electrician never cashed my check, so after several months I guess it was free (or 50 bucks).

Remember anything you pay is still eligible for a 30% federal tax credit.

billysnake said:
My extra charge was supposed to be $650, but I needed more extra feet beyond the 30, maybe like 60 feet more? The panel was on the other side of the house as my garage.

I was able to pull the permits myself, and the charge for the permit was about 50 bucks.

The electrician never cashed my check, so after several months I guess it was free (or 50 bucks).

Remember anything you pay is still eligible for a 30% federal tax credit.

Thanks for replying, I PM'd you for question.

Do you have links to info about the 30% tax credit? Is that on the extra cost above the "standard" install (eg panel upgrade, extra wiring)?

Thanks

The link to the 30% federal credit for the charger is on the Nissan website (link below). I have not tried this, just noticed it (I leased on 12/3, waiting for the CA-assigned electrician to call...).

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/incentives/findIncentivesByZipCode/95120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sunil said:
The link to the 30% federal credit for the charger is on the Nissan website (link below). I have not tried this, just noticed it (I leased on 12/3, waiting for the CA-assigned electrician to call...).

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/incentives/findIncentivesByZipCode/95120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you mean the first link, it says only for equipment, not fees or permits and does not mention installation costs/labor or whether "equipment" includes anything other than the station itself ie new panel or wiring...

Some folks at http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; got theirs free. I participated in that thread and program (well, dealer applied for me) but ended up declining...

No there is not a limitation to only the EVSE equipment for the 30% federal tax credit. It is for a "refueling property" which could include everything including the electrical installation and material costs outside of the cost of the EVSE itself.

Exactly, so you can spend up to $3333.34 and claim the full 30% and get back $1000.00

billysnake said:
No there is not a limitation to only the EVSE equipment for the 30% federal tax credit. It is for a "refueling property" which could include everything including the electrical installation and material costs outside of the cost of the EVSE itself.

Back