Anyone else notice this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFish

Received an e-mail this morning from "Nissan" stating my leaf would be arriving in 7 days (which I doubt since I don't even have a Vin # yet).

I noticed it was from a public relations company named Maritz. http://www.maritz.com/ not Nissan.

Another e-mail from customer a service person named Meg was also from Maritz.com, I was speaking to Meg on the CS phone # and she stated that the e-mail was from her. So the CS people are also Maritz not Nissan.

Speaking to Patrick at CS today he mentioned that he would talk to "his webmaster" to update my dash-board. So the reservation dashboard is also Maritz not Nissan.

To me this explains why there is so much confusion and difficulty getting straight answers on the delivery schedules. Maritz is just a large public relations company with Nissan as one of their many customers. They only have whatever information Nissan gives them.

Not much I can do about it, but I thought all along I was dealing with Nissan, not a advertising company.

I agree with your conclusion. I received email that suggested Muritz was handling the call center. I remember their travel service when our company used their agents. We now know why it is difficult to get straight answers. I don't know if they have anything to do with the Owners Portal, which I hope they don't, but I still have two LEAFs with VINs.

MrFish said:
Received an e-mail this morning from "Nissan" stating my leaf would be arriving in 7 days (which I doubt since I don't even have a Vin # yet).

I noticed it was from a public relations company named Maritz. http://www.maritz.com/ not Nissan.

Another e-mail from customer a service person named Meg was also from Maritz.com, I was speaking to Meg on the CS phone # and she stated that the e-mail was from her. So the CS people are also Maritz not Nissan.

Speaking to Patrick at CS today he mentioned that he would talk to "his webmaster" to update my dash-board. So the reservation dashboard is also Maritz not Nissan.

To me this explains why there is so much confusion and difficulty getting straight answers on the delivery schedules. Maritz is just a large public relations company with Nissan as one of their many customers. They only have whatever information Nissan gives them.

Not much I can do about it, but I thought all along I was dealing with Nissan, not a advertising company.

MrFish said:
Received an e-mail this morning from "Nissan" stating my leaf would be arriving in 7 days. I noticed it was from a public relations company named Maritz. http://www.maritz.com/ not Nissan.

odd. my 7day email is from [email protected]. I checked to see what internic had to say about who registered my-nissanusa.com and apparently it's some electronics vendor called Onamae. Never ran across a "Maritz.com" from my CS emails either. Perhaps they only use them in certain regions?

I clicked on the sender on my iphone which showed the "[email protected]" and for the return e-mail address is showed "[email protected]"
I confirmed from an un-named source that Maritz is Nissans advertising company and sometimes manages customer service calls for them.
Also my source said his source (warning 3rd hand information) told him that one of the reasons for weird delivery schedule was that it depended on what color you ordered. The cars were manufactured in production runs by color.

earther said:
MrFish said:
Received an e-mail this morning from "Nissan" stating my leaf would be arriving in 7 days. I noticed it was from a public relations company named Maritz. http://www.maritz.com/ not Nissan.

odd. my 7day email is from [email protected]. I checked to see what internic had to say about who registered my-nissanusa.com and apparently it's some electronics vendor called Onamae. Never ran across a "Maritz.com" from my CS emails either. Perhaps they only use them in certain regions?

Anyone notice the call center hours are 7am to 7pm Central time? I know there are some LEAFs in Tennessee, but with the majority in the Pacific time zone, you'd think the call center hours would be Pacific Daylight Savings Time - centric.

I believe the Maritz Call Center is in St. Louis - which could explain the hours.

This is some of the best sleuthing ever done on this board. Bravo!!!

BTW, Kayla from Nissan CS/Maritz was super-nice to me today, but gave me zero information.

MrFish said:
I thought it was common knowledge that a 3rd party company was involved. Does any large company do their own support anymore ?

evnow said:
MrFish said:
I thought it was common knowledge that a 3rd party company was involved. Does any large company do their own support anymore ?

I must be naive, I really thought I was talking to someone at Nissan. Go figure.

But it does explain the lack of information I was getting from them, nothing personal, but it makes sense that an advertising company isn't going to know where my car is.

MrFish said:
I clicked on the sender on my iphone which showed the "[email protected]" and for the return e-mail address is showed "[email protected]"
The return address on my 7-day email is [email protected]. Maritz doesn't appear anywhere in the source of the message. I can see that it was really sent out by postdirect.com which is owned by yesmail, and that the machine it was sent from is run by Global Crossing, but neither of those factoids have any significance.

I checked the source for the last 6 emails I got from "Nissan" and they all have return addresses of either [email protected] or [email protected]. None contain maritz. This includes monthly newsletters, Delivery timing update, Owners portal Welcome, and Pre-purchase checklist emails.

I did, however, see maritz as sender and response for a reply to an "email" message I sent from the dashboard when live chat was not available, so I can believe that they are providing CS. The nominal source for this email was "Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support".

At this point I'm going to continue to believe that emails which say they come from "Nissan" really do come from Nissan - well, subject of course to the suspicion with which I regard any email from anywhere.

Ray

I don't think it matters if there is a third party in the loop-- someone, whether they are a Maritz employee or a Nissan employee is getting information from the Nissan Delivery information system and putting it on the web. Whoever is running the website is at arms lenth from the process and "is just getting their information from Nissan". It would be nice if you could call someone at Nissan watching the cars being loaded on trucks on Long Beach but no one really expeected that.

Back