Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for my license tags. I can't even apply for the HOV or parking sticker without them. It's been 1.5 months. How long does it take to get tags??

Hmm ran out of stickers, I guess they didn't think anyone wold be buying EV's anytime soon. Way to plan ahead DMV staffers. I sent my HOV and EV parking applications in 6 weeks ago... at the end of May. I was starting to think my app's were lost. At least I have the Leaf wich was quit an ordeal to acquire. I'll try to be more patient and wait until next week to make the dreaded call into the DMV. Hopefully the stickers will arrive and I won't have to call.

oakwcj said:
glennkfu said:
oakwcj said:
I sent my application in on June 2 and haven't heard a peep yet. So, what is the number to call if I am masochistic enough to try?

Their phone # is: 916-657-8035

I guess what you're told depends on when you call, to whom you speak, and the phases of the moon. I was told this morning that they have apparently run out of stickers and are waiting for more. Please take this "information" with a large quantity of NaCl.

wishboneash said:
lincomatic said:
I'm still waiting for my license tags. I can't even apply for the HOV or parking sticker without them. It's been 1.5 months. How long does it take to get tags??

Me too. No sign of the plates yet. It's been 5 weeks already.

Often these long waits are because your dealer didn't send the paperwork to the DMV in a timely manner.

oakwcj said:
I guess what you're told depends on when you call, to whom you speak, and the phases of the moon. I was told this morning that they have apparently run out of stickers and are waiting for more. Please take this "information" with a large quantity of NaCl.

This may have some truth. I got my parking sticker 7/9/11 but have not received the HOV stickers. I mailed the applications on the same day and since they go to the same place, presumably would be process at about the same time.

For everyone still waiting for their plates, don't wait to apply for the parking sticker and HOV stickers. As has been mentioned before, call the DMV with your VIN and they can give you your license plate number. You don't have to actually have your plates to send in the sticker applications, just the number.

I called the Special Processing Unit today and was told that they ran out of sticker also. The sticker should arrive in 1~2 weeks, at which time they will start processing the HOV applications again (starting from the middle of June applications). She told me to expect a 2~4 week delay.

I got my Leaf in April, and waited until the personalized plates arrived before sending in the Carpool sticker form. Now it seems I am in the "out of stickers" group, so more waiting. Looks like it will be ~4 months after I got the car that I will get the stickers finally...

I got my plate number from the dealer a week after buying the LEAF. There were sending the registrations to the DMV as a batch and I asked to get a copy of the registration. It had the plate number on it at that time. (not a custom plate).

I put the number on the HOV and EV parking sticker requests and got the HOV stickers in two weeks. Parking sticker in 3 weeks.

yoyofella said:
I called the Special Processing Unit today and was told that they ran out of sticker also. The sticker should arrive in 1~2 weeks, at which time they will start processing the HOV applications again (starting from the middle of June applications). She told me to expect a 2~4 week delay.

I think Nissan leaf ought to be renamed Nissan Patience. Wait for the car after making a reservation,....then wait for the EVSE home install, .......then wait for the HOV stickers......., what's next?

glennkfu said:
...named Nissan Patience. Wait for the car after making a reservation,....then wait for the EVSE home install, .......then wait for the HOV stickers......., what's next?

Public Level 3 / CHAdeMO ?

Just called the special processing unit (916-657 8035), they received the new stickers and now are in catch up mode.

glennkfu said:
yoyofella said:

I think Nissan leaf ought to be renamed Nissan Patience. Wait for the car after making a reservation,....then wait for the EVSE home install, .......then wait for the HOV stickers......., what's next?

Wait for L3 charging... :lol:

idunk said:
Just called the special processing unit (916-657 8035), they received the new stickers and now are in catch up mode.

Accurate information indeed. I came home and found my HOV stickers in the mail. Application mailed 6/16, check cashed 7/15, stickers received 7/15.

jackal said:
Nekota said:

Good one!! I am starting to wonder if I will ever have a chance to use that QC too.

Mine may get plastic flowers while I charge in the other port at Public Places... :)

I am still waiting to get a plate number from my dealer... I guess when you pay with a personal check they wait 10 days to make sure it clears, and due to weekends, etc, they ending up advancing the reg fees, and haven't filed for the plates yet, so no plate number. I don't care about the HOV as much (going 70 really does eat the battery charge), but really want the free parking sticker for Santa Monica (the tickets are a sure thing if your meter expires).

JimSouCal said:
jackal said:
Nekota said:

I don't care about the HOV as much (going 70 really does eat the battery charge), but really want the free parking sticker for Santa Monica (the tickets are a sure thing if your meter expires).

The California EV parking sticker is a different thing. About 1.5 inches square. Different DMV App. see: http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg4048.pdf
Don't know if you'll need it for Santa Monica, but I've heard that most beareuacrats are going to adopt that as the license to park at a charge point.

Back