Anyone get their CA HOV stickers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
Likewise. And that is with no License Plate number on either...

Adrian said:
They just cashed both my HOV and parking sticker checks!!!

Only my HOV check has been cashed so far (yesterday) - they went in the same envelope (hopefully that was not a mistake) - my check had the license plate number in the memo field, and on the back under the endorsement stamp someone re-wrote the plate number...but botched it by putting two 2's in place of 5's in the transcribed number.

The DMV down in LA they must be more forgiving, up here in NorCal "Ready2plugin" (I believe) got his application rejected because it didn't have the license plate number.

mogur said:

Adrian said:

Fabio said:
The DMV down in LA they must be more forgiving, up here in NorCal "Ready2plugin" (I believe) got his application rejected because it didn't have the license plate number.

mogur said:

Adrian said:

Sort of...Right after I picked up my LEAF on January 8th I tried to use my custom plates that were already sitting at the DMV and not yet assigned to my car (they would not release them until I received the original plates in the mail). I sent in a new application once I received the original plates around February 21st, and that is the one that got accepted. Now that I have my stickers, I'm going to the DMV after work to finally pick-up my custom plates (hopefully they are still there!).

Both of mine mailed in on March 4 to Sacramento in separate envelopes.

mwalsh said:
Could we get a list of application dates, please? I'll start with February 24th. Nothing has transpired for me as of today (5 weeks on).

mogur said:
Both of mine mailed in on March 4 to Sacramento in separate envelopes.

And you're at checks cashed but no stickers received yet, right?

Ready2plugin 2/21 - stickers received, checks not cashed
mwalsh 2/24 - nothing received, checks not cashed
mogur 3/4 - nothing received, checks cashed

I think you could have just said "any government agency!" :lol:

mwalsh said:
Checks cashed, no stickers; not cashed, stickers; not cashed, no stickers....man you gotta love the DMV for being consistently inconsistent. :?

Well sounds like the ball's rolling now, but I did get a response thanks to the contact Mr. Roadshow put me in contact with. His response was:

"One of the top managers in the Registration Operations Division just told me that your application has been processed and you should have your stickers by early next week.
Cheers
Steve"

So wooohooo, goodbye traffic!

raptor6677 said:
"One of the top managers in the Registration Operations Division just told me that your application has been processed and you should have your stickers by early next week.

You'll forgive if I add you to the list as stickers not received yet, won't you? Are your checks cashed or not cashed?

raptor6677 2/17 - nothing received, checks not cashed, joy on the horizon? ;)
Ready2plugin 2/21 - stickers received, checks not cashed

malloryk said:
You can add me to your list. Mailed on Feb. 10, HOV check cashed 3/28, nothing received.

malloryk 2/10 - HOV sticker received, HOV check cashed
raptor6677 2/17 - nothing received, checks not cashed, joy on the horizon? ;)
Ready2plugin 2/21 - HOV sticker received, checks not cashed

Well went to my favorite place (the DMV) to get my custom plates and after waiting an hour for my turn was told I could not get them because the system still has my parking permit "in process" and the system can not allow two transactions at the same time. I have to come back in at least three business days..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Did you make an appointment in advance? I've never had to wait longer than 10 or 15 minutes when I have. It's the only way to visit the DMV!

Ready2plugin said:
Well went to my favorite place (the DMV) to get my custom plates and after waiting an hour for my turn was told I could not get them because the system still has my parking permit "in process" and the system can not allow two transactions at the same time. I have to come back in at least three business days..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back