Anyone ordered a MY2012 Leaf yet ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel a bit better knowing there are at least 3 Leaf buyers in the N va area!

seems like most people start fashioning a tin foil hat for me when I bring up the electric car subject!

kmp647 -

I agree. I think this is a good area, especially considering the charging stations in Union Station in DC, College Park, MD and Gaithersburg, MD. It would be great for all of us to stay in touch either via this board or a local EV group. Always nice to have a network of people you can share ideas/discuss experiences or problems with.

kayne

Kayne said:
I think this is a good area, especially considering the charging stations in Union Station in DC, College Park, MD and Gaithersburg, MD
Where are there charging stations in Gaithersburg? I have used the ChargePoint stations in College Park.

Nullpointer,

I am not sure. Saw a press release on it. I seem to remember them mentioning the chargers are located at a commuter lot. Sorry I don't have more info on this.

Kayne

ordered through Nissan Leaf page (i was on the reservation list and i was told you must order through Nissan and not through the dealership). just one price- MSRP, no negotiation.

i chose Koons Nissan in Falls Church. Other northern virginia dealers seemed clueless (one salesman said, "come on in, we have plenty of them." are you sure? "yes, we do." the Leaf? "yes, the Leaf." the ELECTRIC Leaf? "oh, those haven't come in yet.")

i chose to lease and not buy. price was $409 a month, for the 2012 model, SL trim, black, no options, no accessories. no options selected, no accessories selected

talk to carlos perez at the dealership. he is driving a leaf every day and knows the vehicle. very knowledgeable. they told me roughly end of November to end of December for delivery.

got my home assessment from AeroVironment. tried to schedule installation (again, through the Leaf website) and got an error message repeatedly "No schedules in your zip code." called them and someone said they will look into it.

that was 3 days ago; no word yet.

Glad to hear of another N Va Leaf owner! (i'll start working on your tinfoil hat asap! ;) )

if you need some help on an EVSE let us know. If AV cant get their act together or if you want to save some $ there are options!

creating a list or forum for DC-area or Northern Virginia Leaf owners and prospective owners would be very helpful.....

not sure if anyone has time to do that, or how easily it can be accomplished. can we form a group as part of this blog? or maybe a yahoo group?

Nschuster,

I would be happy to put something together, whether it be a yahoo, google or other group platform for us NOVA people. This might sound strange, but I would prefer to wait until we actually get our car, as I am still not 100% convinced that we are going to take delivery of the car late this year like the dealer says. There are still a few factors that my force us to not purchase the car. With that said, I do hope to be driving a Leaf by the end of the year!

Kayne,

Sorry for the late response. Those people who send me a paycheck every two weeks have been consuming all of my time lately...

Yes, I've done quite a bit of electrical work over the years and if you follow the "rules" it's hard to get yourself in trouble/danger. Short cuts aren't an option and It's always good to be a little nervous when working with the electrical panel in your home. Even with the main breaker off, I ALWAYS walk through my moves in my head before I stick my hands in the panel just to make sure I'm not doing something stupid. I use insulated tools, brains and always follow the rules because It only takes one mistake and bye, bye.

You're welcome to come out and assist/learn when I do my install. I've only been able to spend maybe 15 minutes a day on the Leaf charger project but I've had several ideas about possible installations. I really think I want to run a #4 cable and install a 100A sub panel in the garage. Beyond the Leaf I have plans in mind for a 25KW generator and transfer switch in the near future. My main electrical panel is on the opposite side of the home from where the Leaf and generator will be located. The exterior walls in my home are made of styrofoam sandwiched between 1/2" plywood so that's going to make running a wire interesting.

The Gainesville area is real nice. Way back when Virginia Oaks was a brand new community I almost purchased a home there. As far as my Leaf order is concerned, I placed my reservation on 04/21/2010 with an expected delivery in Nov. 2011. It sounds like from your reservation experience, I may have reserved my Leaf a little early!

I'l send you a PM with my email address so we can sync up.

Tom

original estimate for my Leaf delivery in northern Virginia was month of December (2011). Latest update - week of December 21.

I'm curious if anyone else in Northern Virginia has taken delivery recently?

I did and several other cars were delivered in N Va

I live in N va but had ordered thru Pohanka Nissan in Salisbury Md.

took delivery 11/11/11

had a original day of "week of November 8th"

what day did you finalize your RAQ order

and what is your dealer ?

Kevin

ps : THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!

Congrats Kmp647! Good to know the wait is worth it. I recently saw a black Leaf at Cowles Nissan in Woodbridge, just as a demo. Our dashboard says week of Decemeber 16th, so we are getting excited.

kayne

Kevin,

Ordered it back in August sometime, through Koons in Falls Church (their salesman was better informed by far than those at any other northern Virginia dealership I contacted). Charging station installed last week after several weeks of delay (getting county permit).

Good news that they didn't slip the schedule on you. Having it around Christmas time would be great - plenty of time off to get to know the vehicle.

I've been reading the forum posts from time to time to get familiar with some of the issues - seems some people are having problems with internet connectivity from their house to the Leaf in the garage. Did you have a problem with that?

How are you enjoying the car?

first choice was blue, but when i ordered there was a delay, so i went with black. didn't get the lettering on the side - figured it would be better NOT to announce it in case the Leaf becomes a popular car for thieves...

haven't seen any on the road yet in northern virginia (though someone in my office saw a few in chantilly). have seen charging stations in public garages in chicago.

Good to see some friends on the road in december in Northern Va ! My Leaf is all alone out there!

No problems with the Leaf communications, it does not use your home wifi , it has a built in TCU and uses at&t cell system to communicate with the Nissan server and carwings, and the Iphone app.

it all works very well including charge and climate timers, I continue to be impressed with the thought that went into these systems.

also many have complained about the navigation and its maps form Navteq , but I like them and it works well for me.

Cant wait to see more on the road in our area!

Back