Anyone with Dec/Jan order date have Ecotality status pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

I have a January order date having reserved early on May 14. I still have not had a home assessment. Are their others in the same situation. I am in San Diego

I am in SAN, have an order date in Jan; I have not had an EVSE assessment. Not to worry---Ecotality will probably not contact you until after you order your car, maybe two weeks or so b-4 expected delivery. I received this information from an Ecotality representative in person @ the SAN driving event in October.

Derkraut, Does your dashboard show Etec approved. Mine still shows "pending". The local office of Etec has been saying they need to do a home assessment before they can change my status to "approved". But no calls as yet about a visit to my house. I reserved early on May 14 so I should receive one of the first RAQ`s in January. However if my Etec status is pending my dashboard will not open

Also in San Diego here - check my sig for all of my details around the EV Project..then extrapolate based on order date. Dash went to 'etec application accepted' within a week or two after the on-site eval, if I remember correctly.

I reserved on the 15th of May. I am waiting for the assessment as well.
My order date is Jan. Best case delivery May. I've been watching the
orders to see when someone with a May reservation opens up....

onthewind, December orders should satisfy reservations to about May 13. I believe that January orders probably start with May 14 reservations. I have been told that January orders include all the way to at least June 25 or later. Nissan must be expecting the factory to ramp up this Spring. The backlog of reservations in Japan probably have been filled by then as well

onthewind, Correction. My reservation date is early afternoon on May 15 not 14th.

What city do you live in. I`m in San Diego

stanley said:
Derkraut, Does your dashboard show Etec approved. Mine still shows "pending". The local office of Etec has been saying they need to do a home assessment before they can change my status to "approved". But no calls as yet about a visit to my house. I reserved early on May 14 so I should receive one of the first RAQ`s in January. However if my Etec status is pending my dashboard will not open

My dashboard says "ETEC Application approved"; Nobody ever came out to inspect my property.

derkraut, I would have been approved as you were without a visit. However i used my P O Box number instead of my physical address when I filled out the Etec application on reservation day. That caused them to throw my application aside. When I received the "Pending" designation I contacted Ecotality. They explained that not having my physical address was the problem and that I should qualify for the program, based on the information I had previosly submitted, but that their procedure now called for a home visit.

derkraut, I would have been approved as you were without a visit. However i used my P O Box number instead of my physical address when I filled out the Etec application on reservation day. That caused them to throw my application aside. When I received the "Pending" designation I contacted Ecotality. They explained that not having my physical address was the problem and that I should qualify for the program, based on the information I had previosly submitted, but that their procedure now called for a home visit.

Stanley: Ahh! I guess that makes sense. So now you will need an onsite inspection before your dashboard opens for ordering in Jan?
FWIW, Unlike most others here, I'm not really in a hurry to get my Leaf. The car I'm going to replace is a 2001 Echo with 69K miles---a super little commuter that gets around 37mpg combined. But my neighbor, who's gonna snap it up for his daughter in college is the one who's antsy. (I originally told him I'd probably be able to sell it to him by Christmas) :oops:

Derkraut, I need to replace a car. That is why I am so concerned about my dashboard opening on time. The wife has been without a car for months. She was willing to wait for the Leaf because we believe strongly that our Country needs to reduce oil dependency. The wait is a lot longer than expected so she is becoming very impatient. The fact that Ecotality has not come out to do an assessment causes her more anxiety because she sees this contributing to further delay especially since it is now clear that the order date controlls your future delivery date.Ecotality has been saying that their delay would not affect ones delivery date. This now appears incorrect in that Nissan is now saying that order date controlls delivery date.

stanley said:
onthewind, Correction. My reservation date is early afternoon on May 15 not 14th.

What city do you live in. I`m in San Diego

I'm in Portland Or. I think my reservation was late on the 15th.

stanley said:
onthewind, December orders should satisfy reservations to about May 13. I believe that January orders probably start with May 14 reservations. I have been told that January orders include all the way to at least June 25 or later. Nissan must be expecting the factory to ramp up this Spring. The backlog of reservations in Japan probably have been filled by then as well

Thanks Stanley, that's the kind of specific info I was looking for. I should be ordering early in Jan then...hopefully.

Onthewind, Dashboards may not start opening until late in the month of January for January orders. The last couple of months, namely October and November orders, did not open until a week to week and a half before the end of the respective month. I do not know if Nissan will repeat this practice but it buys them more time to meet delivery times of 4 to 7 months from ordering

I just got a quote back from Areovironment. Wow what a deal. I already have a 40 Amp 240v circuit that terminates in a wall box. The installation would consist of installing 3 wires into charging unit (expensive extension cord), and two screws to secure unit. $1950.82 is a whole lot of money. What a rip off. Someone is making a hell of a lot of money on this deal. If it took an electrician more than a half hour to do this work he would have to be real incompetent. $896 to install? That is close to $2000 an hour. For 3 connections with my wire and 2 screws to mount. I am in the wrong line of work.

downeykp said:
By that you mean just plug into wall or buy a different unit?

No, it would still need to be hard wired on a dedicated circuit. But as long as you have a 40A non-Class A breaker, with the proper gauge wiring, in a 200A main panel (this according to the AV user guide) then you should be fine for having your own electrician install it for you:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1915

Back