AZ immigration law ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
The ladies in the school office do ask for a birth certificate and make a copy of it whenever a new student is registered....

It is not like some of these politicians who promoted the law believe in birth certificates :lol:

Azrich said:
AndyH:
Why in the world would it be somehow cruel or unusual to have people bring proper ID to a school when registering their kids? This is just as taxpayer funded as the military system, right?

I've taught in Arizona public schools for 23 years. The ladies in the school office do ask for a birth certificate and make a copy of it whenever a new student is registered. These sweet, office ladies get paid $7.50 / hour. If they must turn in anyone who is born outside the U.S. to the immigration department or the Border Patrol they have just been made into U.S. Immigration officers who make triple that pay. That doesn't make sense.

A school's purpose is to educate children, not police who should live here or not.

Thank you for your service! I'd certainly vote for a pay increase for our teachers.

Most of the people in the military system that check identification and act as gate keepers are the new folks. If they were on-duty only 8 hours a day the salary would be about $7.86 an hour. They're on duty 24/7 though (and there's no such thing as overtime pay) so the effective pay is much less. If these young folks have families and kids they qualify for food stamps, ADC, and WIC. This is the pay rate for the first two years of service.

Gary - do the folks in SoCal schools check birth certificates?

Andy

As I recall, a while back the CA voters passed a law prohibiting providing education and other services to illegals.

Apparently the schools (and some other services) "refuse" to get involved. It appears that the schools get paid for each body in the classroom (at least in some cases), so it would seem that they have little incentive to check the documents.

The schools might "require" documents, or just a signature, but I suspect that they make no effort to check them. I believe that vaccination paperwork is required.

But, I might be incorrect.

The birth certificate requirement in Arizona is to certify date of birth (age) and that the child truly does belong to the parent(s) registering them.

Back