Bad Power Distribution Module? Check In Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lasareath said:
My Salesman and a Mechanic from another Nissan dealer said I should have the battery checked and tires rotated every 5000 miles.
The salesman and mechanic lied to you, the tires are every 7500 miles and the battery is checked once a year, not at any specific mileage. The Nissan maintenance schedule is right there in the glove box.

UPDATE: Got a call from the service manager from New City stating that the problem is on the Clipper Creek. Called EV Support who also confirmed that the problem is not on the PDM even with the software update. Next call was to Clipper Creek ... did a walk through diagnostics with the Production Manager (Gary Gruber) and found out that the mother board is defective ... getting a replacement sent ASAP ... so lesson learned, sometimes its not what is expected ... that was a power curve, technical support couldn't see because it wasn't on the car ... the motherboard is a 2009 version for the CS40. Really hope this ends all the waiting for a full charge. More on this next week.

Well... we are essentially driving a computer with wheels these days. Glad it didn't give you a blue screen of death on the highway...

Looks like it's my turn. I've had this happen maybe twice in the last few weeks, but then it happened 3 times today. One time it happened at a ChargePoint station, but the rest were my upgraded EVSE. At least it sounds like I won't be breaking new ground here. I have just over 3,000 miles on my SL.

Welcome to the Club!, mine stops charging at 10 out of 12 bars every single time I Plug it in and it doesn't matter where I started from.

Tuesday I'm going to the dealer.

Lasareath said:
Welcome to the Club!, mine stops charging at 10 out of 12 bars every single time I Plug it in and it doesn't matter where I started from.

Have you tried the 'override' switch on left panel to continue to 100%? All LEAFs using L2 will stop at 80% no matter where you start. And if you don't have the EVS light on, then it isn't the PDM / sw problem.

LEAFfan said:
Have you tried the 'override' switch on left panel to continue to 100%? All LEAFs using L2 will stop at 80% no matter where you start. And if you don't have the EVS light on, then it isn't the PDM / sw problem.
Note that LEAFfan is referring to the 2013 LEAF. The 2011 / 2012 on L2 will do what you have set the charge timer to do, either 80% or 100%. On DCFC the 2011 / 2012 will do what you told it to do with the DCFC unless you started with the battery <50%. Then it will stop at a nominal 80%, usually at the high end of 9 of 12 charge bars, just a bit short of 10 of 12 bars.
The 2013 is different, the default on L2 is to stop at 80%. But you can change the default to charge to 100%, or use the 'override' switch.

TimLee said:
The 2013 is different, the default on L2 is to stop at 80%. But you can change the default to charge to 100%, or use the 'override' switch.
I'd like to question the last part of that statement. I have no experience with the 2013 SV or SL, but on my S, the override switch overrides the timer, but not the 80%. 2013 SV and SL have two different 80%/100% settings, one associated with the charge timers, the other independent of them:

Zero Emission -> Settings -> Long Life mode: on or off

If that setting works the same way on the SV and SL as it does on the S, it will limit charging even when the override is pushed.

As LEAFfan says, "if you don't have the EVS light on, then it isn't the PDM / sw problem."

Ray

I've never used the override switch.

I just started having the issue, why would it start as soon as I hit 3000 miles?

Every morning the EVS warning light is on.

LEAFfan said:
Lasareath said:

This is what I get every morning.

EVwarning.jpg

I do not have charging timers set.

Hopefully the Leaf Tech that is working on my car tomorrow knows about this error. I updated the details of my appointment and added the TSB NTB13-069 number with a brief description of the issue.

Plus I have a document printed out that shows the error codes and the URL of this thread.

I just hope he's having a good day and doesn't let my car sit in the lot for a week :cry:

I have a Friday appointment with the dealer where I bought my car. The service guy knew of at least 3 others who have been in for the same problem. He thought it would be quick. I didn't ask, but I assumed that meant they're planning on doing the software update.

15min ... sorry typo ...

On another note, there is an issue with the Quick charge port ... not able to get any charge, paid vendor for the session $6 but there was no accumulated charge. ERROR was listed on the device. Uuuggh ... what next ... Made a call to the dealership and the service manager is sending it up to Nissan National in Ohio.

Brought my Leaf into the dealer this morning and picked it up tonight. They said it was exactly what I told them and so they applied the update and didn't even bother with charging and discharging.

Thanks all for your help and I feel sorry for the first 3 or 4 Leaf owners who had their Leaf's stuck at the dealer for 30 days :(

Lasareath said:
Brought my Leaf into the dealer this morning and picked it up tonight. They said it was exactly what I told them and so they applied the update and didn't even bother with charging and discharging.

Thanks all for your help and I feel sorry for the first 3 or 4 Leaf owners who had their Leaf's stuck at the dealer for 30 days :(

I am a big fan of the technology and these cars and despite not having the vehicle for 3 weeks I will still recommend the car to anyone who asks. I hope this solution is the end of the story.

Yesterday I HUGE Harley that was really LOUD pulled next to me and the guy asked, What is that?, "I've never seen that before", I said It's a Nissan Leaf, All Eelectric, He said that's so cool, that he's going to check it out! LOL

I LOVE my LEAF!

LasPaled said:
Lasareath said:

I am a big fan of the technology and these cars and despite not having the vehicle for 3 weeks I will still recommend the car to anyone who asks. I hope this solution is the end of the story.

Hopefully this software fix will work for most... One of my coworkers with a 2013 had the same PDM issue and brought it in for the software update. It worked fine for about a week and then was back with the same issues. They are ordering a new PDM for him now.

Jbbrown9 said:
I have a Friday appointment with the dealer where I bought my car. The service guy knew of at least 3 others who have been in for the same problem. He thought it would be quick. I didn't ask, but I assumed that meant they're planning on doing the software update.

Back