Battery Controller Reprogramed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

I took my car for the 3-year battery check, and it was also subjected to:
"F recall p3227
cause
99 recall completed.
35660 has open campaign. Reprogrammed the battery controller and the on-board charger module."

the service adviser could not explain this and did not respond to follow-up calls.
i did not call LEAF phone people, as that has always been a waste of time for me.
it was 12 bars.
Now it does the following new things:
-has 11 bars
-some days an 80% juicing gives it 9 bars, some days 10 bars.
-it has lost some range on the GOM
-yesterday I ran it almost empty and at 8 miles GOM, with one bar left, the 8 began blinking and the center display showed a warning about low battery level, and alerted me to get a charge.

is this activity at the end of range standard? it has been a couple of years since i ran the thing down to one bar and less, and I dont recall that being the way the car behaved.

Welcome to the club! Most seem to have lost 7-10% with the P3227 update. It appears Nissan made this change so that the battery does not charge to its full capacity - making it not loose as much capacity as quickly.

Interesting. Did you get the "hidden bars" update (P1273)? If you did, it kinda looks like they've reversed it, and put your car back the way it was originally (and how the newer cars come, starting with the '13).

honestly, i dont know what they did; and the infuriating part is the adviser doesnt know and cant find out either.
i even gave the deaelr all 1s on the survey and got no response.
really bad customer relations.

Back