Bluetooth with 2 phones

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otbiker

In our previous Juke and our Golf, the Bluetooth phone would switch over automatically if the previously paired phone was not available. If both phones were in the car, it would stay linked. In the Leaf SV, if the previously paired phone is not available, it simply says that Bluetooth failed. It never attempts to look for the other paired phone. We have to manually changeover to the other phone.

Am I missing a setting, or is this just a "feature".

I've noticed on my first day back with the car after it's paired with my wifes phone I have to force it to pair with mine. It will then pair with mine no problem. As soon as it pairs with her phone again though I'll have to do another force pairing.

It didn't happen with my old phone, sony xperia z ultra but it does it now with my nexus 6. That may have been due to my sony previously being the first phone on the list which is now occupied by her phone.

The Leaf head unit will only pair with *1* BT connection at a time. Been that way since the beginning of (Leaf) time...

Stanton said:
The Leaf head unit will only pair with *1* BT connection at a time. Been that way since the beginning of (Leaf) time...

Yep, my '12 is the same; one additional twist is that our 'older' LEAF's won't 'read' the text messages (on iPhones) to you but the brand new ones should. Its' a shame as I had a Windows phone earlier that would but the iPhone 5s won't anymore (a few other threads on this elsewhere on the forum). We recently put MDM (mobile-device-management) on the company phones and I needed to re-pair for BT use again; works OK but an additional one-time step ... at the very least I do like the little 'notice' that shows when the phone is in range for BT otherwise I never would have known it wasn't working.

Stanton,

I'm understand that it can only support one connection at a time. The issue is that if the previously paired device is NOT in the car, the BT connection fails, instead of trying to connect to the other paired device. Even our 2011 Juke did this, as did our 14 VW Beetle, our 15 VW Golf, our 13 Mini Cooper, and our 13 Ford C Max.

otbiker said:
Stanton,

I'm understand that it can only support one connection at a time. The issue is that if the previously paired device is NOT in the car, the BT connection fails, instead of trying to connect to the other paired device. Even our 2011 Juke did this, as did our 14 VW Beetle, our 15 VW Golf, our 13 Mini Cooper, and our 13 Ford C Max.

Maybe I didn't state it properly: the Leaf will only PAIR with one phone at a time (doesn't matter whether it's connected or not).

Back