Breaking News! I couldn't drive the Leaf today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

:p My wife beat me to the garage this morning to take our grand daughter to horseback riding lessons. So, I was stuck with the Prius to go to the bank. Bummer! :mrgreen:

Derkraut, I see you believe it was worth the long wait for delivery. Looks like it is time to get a second one.

I was able to drive my Leaf to work today, but then had to go out to lunch in an ICE vehicle with a friend. I thought, "How quaint!"

well today was the voluntary switch so i drove the Prius and this is first time in nearly a month and this thing drives like a tank!!

wow, i cant believe the difference in the driving experience!

derkraut said:
:p My wife beat me to the garage this morning to take our grand daughter to horseback riding lessons. So, I was stuck with the Prius to go to the bank. Bummer! :mrgreen:

See, this is my biggest problem I have with the Leaf. My wife keeps reminding me that it's HER car, not mine. And on the weekends when we're running around doing stuff, I used to always be the driver. Now SHE wants to be, which means not only do I not get to drive it often enough, but riding as her passenger is definitely not good for my blood pressure either... ;)

(for anyone on here that knows me, the blood pressure comment above does NOT get back to my wife, please!) :D

My wife and I have an excellent relationship with the LEAF. It's my car and I drive it. She gets to sit in the copilot's seat... Of course she also gets the next new car... :mrgreen:

blorg said:
Now SHE wants to be, which means not only do I not get to drive it often enough, but riding as her passenger is definitely not good for my blood pressure either... ;)

(for anyone on here that knows me, the blood pressure comment above does NOT get back to my wife, please!) :D
Blorg, you just have to get comfortable with the truth...that risking life, limb, and yes, LEAF is really better than pissing off your wife. Voila! No more blood pressure issues.

TangoKilo said:
My wife and I have an excellent relationship with the LEAF. It's my car and I drive it. She gets to sit in the copilot's seat... Of course she also gets the next new car... :mrgreen:

Opposite here...it's her LEAF, but I have my eyes on the 300 miles Tesla S....although it may have to be a used one :? . If there's an EV with true 300 mile range (affordable), we're ditching our other gasser.

My issue is not about who has the Leaf or who gets to drive it. It's about gaining back the driving freedom that we used to have before high gas prices, so nobody needs to worry about conserving gas and making less trips anymore. So now my wife and kids take the Leaf out everywhere to shopping and eating out and blow all the savings we make in gasoline on foods and shopping now, most likely spending more than we save. :)

Back