Can you still edit your color when you view your config?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSL

"4 to 7 months" is pretty vague.

Does anybody know what the current Leaf production lead time is (from lock down of color editing to delivery to customer on the West Coast)? I think this would prove informative for all.

The RAQ feature opened for me on November 29. I placed my order on December 4. On January 13, I can still edit my color.

Please post your stats and maybe we can figure out what Nissan's current lead time is.

One could guess (since that's what we're doing) at a minimum: 2 weeks of production lead time from color lockdown, plus 4 weeks transportation and handling from factory to dealer.

I RAQed on Sept 29... two full months ahead of you and I am still pending with the ability to edit color.
I suggest you get yourself on the spreadsheet and check the whereismyleaf page to get a better estimate.

Link to speadsheet:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949

I suggest everyone gets on the sheet as the additional data make everyones estimate more accurate.

I am on the spreadsheet (number 196 last time I checked).

But (1) since Nissan tells you so little and so rarely and (2) color editing is not on the spreadsheet, I thought I would pose the question here.

You are right. THE SPREADSHEET IS POWER. LURKERS SHOULD TAKE THE VERY SMALL STEPS REQUIRED TO GET ON THERE.

p.s. "Where is My Leaf" assumes Nissan will not increase the rate of production/delivery. I am not sure it is all that predictive. Love the graphics, though.

The where is my leaf page seems to use the 7 day moving average to predict the delivery window.
If production ramps up the estimate will update right away. I have seen mine move up several weeks then back again.
Nissan could easily do the same and include all data. Shame on Nissan for doing so little.

How quickly we receive delivery depends on ramp up. Nissan has said that full ramp up will occur during the second quarter. The question is how far along are they to moving up to 1500 to 2000 deliverys a month. There usually is a steady progression. For example,start a production run of 200 cars or less and see how many defects ,correct them at the factory and produce another 200. If the problems are corrected with this batch, then do 500, check them and keep moving up in numbers produced as things run smoother. I suspect (just a guess) that things slowed done considerably at the factory to incorporate changes that needed to be made when Nissan went through QC checks in december and now on cars at Long beach. It looks like things are starting to roll again for March deliverys. Will production be up to manufacturing 500 cars in February? A thousand in March? And then 1500 in April or will it be less or more because of the need to re-work processies at the factory.

I don't mean to dump on whereismyleaf. You are right about the moving average being a better predictor than the daily average. I guess my concern is that at this early stage, WIML is at the mercy of:

(a) the percentage of Leafers being constant throughout the ordering dates, when it is more likely that people who ordered some time ago are on the spreadsheet and those who have ordered more recently are not; and

(b) the somwhat random arrival of boats. When one hits, there will be a big flushing of orders. Between boats, not much will happen.

Back