Car Records Conversation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorbil

Alright folks - riddle me this.............I got home after a 80% battery run around town getting used to the Leaf and on my answering machine is a 09 minute conversation that we had in the car.

How did this happen?

Yes, I have a smart phone. Yes it is linked with the car (Bluetooth). However, I have NO call history showing that a call was made via the phone. Is there something that I hit in the car that recorded our conversation and then called the house?

Very strange hearing your own conversation about the lack of paint at Home Depot and the wind noise from having the windows down on the answering machine.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Razorbil said:
Is there something that I hit in the car that recorded our conversation and then called the house?
In a word, no. That's very strange indeed, but there's got to be a logical explanation for it. Don't over think it.

Twilight Zone is right. And I agree, over-thinking it is probably the problem and I'll wake up at 0200 tomorrow and go "duh". But until then.....this has me baffled. I am assuming that I must have activated something via the audio controls that triggered a call to the house, via the car. But if that we the case, I would have thought I would have heard the answering machine message through the car speakers.

Did you check your passenger's phone? I bet they were the one that pocket dialed, and the phone's mic was sensitive enough to pick up the conversation. If your phone had done it, you would have seen it in your log, and the nav screen would switched to the phone.

davewill said:
Did you check your passenger's phone? I bet they were the one that pocket dialed, and the phone's mic was sensitive enough to pick up the conversation. If your phone had done it, you would have seen it in your log, and the nav screen would switched to the phone.
+1
This seems likely...

Back