CARWINGS charging email

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocPaul

I get emails saying the car is "near a charger" and an email saying the "charging is complete" when I charge the car, but I never get an email saying the "charging has started" when the charger has been plugged in. Is this normal?? What do I have to do to get a "charging started" email when I plug the car into my 110V charger ??
Doc

Watching this thread, since I wonder, too. I'm GUESSING that you only get the "charging started" email when using the TIMER and that is how that works..?? Interesting to see what the answer is... (new Leaf owner here, with only 2 weeks ownership myself!)

It appears there is a bug somewhere which keeps 'charge starting' email or text messages from appearing most of the time. In fact they seem to appear only when you start charging manually, which is really when you are least likely to care about them! See the following threads. (Despite their titles they both apply to both email and text.)
Start Charging Email
Not getting text messages

Ray

I called customer support about this issue of not getting emails when charging begins. I successfully get emals when charging stops, but even though the checkbox is checked in my profile for charging started notifications, I don't get those. As stated earlier in the thread, most of us don't care about getting an email when we manually start charging. We know it's charging -- we were there at the car! I want to know that the car has begun to charge via the timer as this is when I am away from the car; also if I don't know exactly when charging will begin (i.e., when using the END-Time timer). We'll see what customer service says (don't hold your breath) but I'm guessing it's a bug.

Renny

Back