Carwings / Data Transmission Agreement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroundHog

Is the full legal agreement for Carwings located somewhere? I'm sure the full agreement is much longer than the short statement on the touch screen (that you would need to read quickly if you really wanted to know all the details). I looked around on the webpage and didn't see one there either.

I'm curious because it is rather clear that we are giving permission for data to be transmitted from the car to Nissan. But is it possible for Nissan to transmit data to the car, or perhaps to change some of the vehicle's (e.g. the battery) configurations or parameters? I ask because I'm suspicious that they did just that with my Leaf.

What makes you think they updated your firmware over Carwings? I doubt Nissan has that capability cause it is using 2G data network. It takes about an hour to update the cars software at the dealer with it hooked up to the tech tools, and requires the vehicle to be monitored during the process and rebooted. So doubt they messed with your car over Carwings cause they would run the risk of seriously messing up your computer systems.

The telematics module is on the EV can bus but I seriously doubt that they do modify anything. The only thing I could see them doing is getting more data from the battery after detecting something in the data from the battery report done at a dealer.

When you query the car for SOC via carwings, the EV bus only stays alive for 30 seconds or so (when I've observed it).

Back