Carwings miles/kwh figures higher than Leaf's by 10% to 35%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
Well my latest theory is that it seems I am only accessing around 21 kwh based on info from car. Well we have been told it should be 24 kwh. So guessing car error is the same so recomputing efficiency based on multiplying car figures by 21/24 then determining efficincy which should bring me to the mid to upper 80's which should. Be about right.
First charge to 80%. Then charge to 100% - you know how much it will be to get from 80% to 100%. That should be 4.8 kwh if 24kwh is right.

My calculation shows that using figures much less than 24 kwh gives unrealistic numbers.

planet4ever said:
...I believe it is just telling you how many bars are lit. 83% is just its pretentious way of saying 10 bars.
Yeah, funny - the car won't tell us a simple %SOC figure, carwings will but it's just the number of bars divided by 12. Guess the car won't even enlighten carwings its SOC. Must be on a need-to-know basis.

DeaneG said:
Must be on a need-to-know basis.
Seems like that - given how secretive Nissan has been about the total capacity. Infact they won't even tell us whether 24 kwh is total or usable.

Back