Carwings - Nissan Connect

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevmk81

Just making sure I'm not the only one getting this, but I am getting this error when trying to use Nissan Connect Carwings for my Leaf. Is this common?

"Your request to update vehicle status timed out communicating to the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven within the last 14 days."

Last successful time used was this morning. Since about noonish it hasn't been working. When I finished up with Carwings with the successful attempt I tried to turn on the climate system while the car was charging. Hoping I didn't mess anything up. Since the car was previously owned, when I signed up for Nissan Connect I had to show them proof that I owned the vehicle. When I turned on the climate system it said the system sent me an email, but I never received anything! Hoping that somehow the vehicle isn't still connected somehow to the previous owner.

Guess I could always call Nissan and ask them but thought I'd ask here first.

If it said it sent an email, it sent an email in my experience. So, yeah that's probably still tied to the old user's account. I am sure you can set that up in the settings on the website.

As for the message you are getting, that is very common in areas with weak AT&T 2G reception. Which as of now in the middle of 2016 is most places especially when parked in a structure like a garage. And on December 31st, 2016 it will be 100% of the USA as AT&T finishes completely decommissioning the old towers to make way for new bandwidths. So service will continue to degrade to the point of not working until New Years Day, and then it will just completely stop working altogether.

And thanks to some idiot wanna-be hacker that told Nissan about how stupid their non-authentication protocols were, we have been without the app for a long long while up until last week anyways.

Since you are very new and obviously not getting the emails, the "good" news is that Nissan will be offering a telematics unit upgrade to all 2011+ Leafs. For 2015/2016 Leafs, it is free. For everyone else it is a paid upgrade. No word on price but the usual marketing stuff about how Nissan will cover a significant portion of it. But we don't know if that total cost is $5 or $5000, not even a ballpark. My guesstimate is $1K user cost.

2k1Toaster said:
Since you are very new and obviously not getting the emails, the "good" news is that Nissan will be offering a telematics unit upgrade to all 2011+ Leafs. For 2015/2016 Leafs, it is free. For everyone else it is a paid upgrade. No word on price but the usual marketing stuff about how Nissan will cover a significant portion of it. But we don't know if that total cost is $5 or $5000, not even a ballpark. My guesstimate is $1K user cost.
I sure hope it doesn't cost us older Leaf folks $1K. If so, I'll likely not bother, esp. since the resale value of the Leaf is so bad.

Fortunately for me, the crap resale value == me being able buy a Leaf for cheap.

Back