Carwings setup confusion... cannot connect to center.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewillb

Got my 2015 SL Saturday. Signed up on the Nissan Leaf portal with a username and password. It shows that I accepted the terms and conditions and my VIN number filled in correctly. The portal shows me a Carwings PIN (my username) and a Carwings Password (seems to be a random generated) and that I have to plug that into my Nav. Tried both my password and the random generated one in the car and it just attempts to connect, fails and says "No Service"

The system information section in the Nav shows TCU Phone Number: **** ...should it show a number?

Please advise. Thanks for all your help. Love the wealth of info on the forum. Really pushed me to get this car!

My Leaf shows the same **** for the phone number, so that shouldn't be an issue. Many times, these initial Carwings issues are because the dealer didn't "activate Telematics" in the car before delivery. You might call them today and ask if they did that step.

While the delivery process was a little longer than I would have liked on my 2013 Leaf SV, I did appreciate that we went through some basic setup on the car. We activated Carwings and tied it to my web login, we paired my Bluetooth phone, walked through the menu structure on the system.

If you can't easily figure it out, I had good assistance when I called the EV Support Team (listed on the Nissan web site at http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I don't know if they're available on Labor Day, but they could help you out tomorrow.

swaltner said:
Many times, these initial Carwings issues are because the dealer didn't "activate Telematics" in the car before delivery.

Hit the nail on the head: for some reason this is a common mistake (happened to me also). Unfortunately, it requires a trip back to the dealer (and a wait for the Leaf technician).

Yeah the one box that isnt check in the pre-delivery inspection checklist is "Verify TCU power on". I knew more about the Leaf than the saleman, so I guess this makes sense. Above that it says "Turn on TCU using CONSULT-III plus" ...I assume that is a dealer service tool that I wont find anywhere but at a Nissan Dealership with a EV Tech?

Back