carwings smsing every hour?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwatte

I left the car plugged in when leaving for vacation.
I would expect to get the 9am message that charging is complete that I get every day because I keep the timer on 8% all the time.
However, a few days ago, it started pointing me once an hour for twelve hours or so. And each morning at nine am it again starts doing it once an hour.
Possibly coincidentally, this started happening more or less on the three year anniversary of getting the car (late June 2011.)

Has anyone seen this? Nissan support just said "perhaps it got stuck in a loop," which is not a particularly satisfying answer. For now, I've turned off charge complete texts, well see if that helps.

Separately, is carwings the OEM product from Autobiquity? It seems very old world and staid, compared to the "from scratch, by modern software engineers" approach to car informatics taken by Tesla.

Don't know if this is related, but I've had a strange problem with carwings since last week.

After I started the car, I hit "Yes" button & then carwings ran the routine where it tells me my energy efficiency & regional rating. It says it's on step 2 of 4, it hangs at this point, touch screen is unresponsive for 30 seconds and then my screen rebooted, and comes back up with the yes or no agreement. After I'd press yes, it says it's connecting to data center or whatever and then runs my efficiency loop only to get hung on step 2. I let it run 3 times and called Nissan's LEAF number and they told me that I should take it to my dealership. Which I will do.

It stopped the endless loop after a day and a half, but now if I have my radio turned off when I hit yes, it still runs it once.

I'm taking it to my dealership on Wednesday & will leave it with them while I go out of town.

Nissan acted like it was a serious problem when I called them, although they reassured me that my car wouldn't quit running, I might lose some carwings data (not a big deal to me)

My "solution" was to turn off charge ended notifications through the remote control.
Not great, but at least it won't wake me up.
My bet is they did some upgrade/change on the back end, and didn't have enough testing to make sure it worked when deployed...

Back