Chargepoint CT500 EVSE - Prime Directive?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesus

Purchased a used CT500 and had electrician install it and found that it was already activated (Cool!)

I called Chargepoint to have them change the ownership aaaaand, They don't know how to do it.

The good:

The charger works perfectly!

(when its wired up where it wasn't before, its in "Prime directive mode" (gotta love Trekkies!) Meaning that it will just work even with out being provisioned at the correct location)

The not so good:

Can't get it to show on their map? (guess I could add it to Plug Share?)

Update -

I WON'T be trying to get it to work on their network...

The yearly cost for a software token is $200!!!!

Interestingly tho, it is active on their network, but I just can't see the data...

AlanSqB said:
I think I remember somebody "hacking" one of these with another board. May have been OpenEVSE but I searched and can't find it.

Well in "Prime Directive mode" it will still function. It just thinks that its still powered up somewhere on the east coast...

And the final word from Charge Point

The data still logs to our server but is not otherwise piped to an associated "org" for processing or reporting without active tokens to facilitate that. After a long enough time without activation on the network the cellular link may be disabled, permanently leaving it in prime directive mode where it just charges upon being connected.

Regards,
Timothy
ChargePoint Partner Support

Latest posts

Back