Cheap Way to get batteries?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buyer beware! The way the insurance company storage yard was handling my 2011, the battery pack may have been ruined--I did not try to turn the car on to find out. They were picking the car up from the front with long forks on a big 4 wheel drive articulated loader so there was a good chance of damage to everything under the car including suspension, battery pack, brake lines, etc. I considered buying it back to build a small flatbed pickup because the damage from the accident was only to the back. Unfortunately, the storage yard trashed it. When I went to look at it, there were grease stains all over the interior, damage to the front from handling by the oversized forklift, and likely damage underneath.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
Buyer beware! The way the insurance company storage yard was handling my 2011, the battery pack may have been ruined--I did not try to turn the car on to find out. They were picking the car up from the front with long forks on a big 4 wheel drive articulated loader so there was a good chance of damage to everything under the car including suspension, battery pack, brake lines, etc. I considered buying it back to build a small flatbed pickup because the damage from the accident was only to the back. Unfortunately, the storage yard trashed it. When I went to look at it, there were grease stains all over the interior, damage to the front from handling by the oversized forklift, and likely damage underneath.

Gerry

Hello Gerry,
please do not worry about damages to the battery pack. If it was damaged you would have noticed. The battery pack may have got som dents, but not anything that would put you in danger. Nissan has actually thought of the possibility that their cars may be in involved in a crash. Their "fail safe" makes sure that you will not be in harms way.

TorC said:
GerryAZ said:

Gerry

Hello Gerry,
please do not worry about damages to the battery pack. If it was damaged you would have noticed. The battery pack may have got som dents, but not anything that would put you in danger. Nissan has actually thought of the possibility that their cars may be in involved in a crash. Their "fail safe" makes sure that you will not be in harms way.

TorC,
I agree, the car is very safe in an accident. There was no damage to the battery, suspension, or the front half of the car from the accident. I drove the car out of the intersection to a safe place to park. Damage to the interior, front exterior, and underneath happened after the car was declared a total loss and transported from the dealer collision repair center to the insurance company storage/auction yard. That additional damage made it not feasible for me to buy it back as a project car.

Gerry

Back