Chevy Volt 2014 MSRP dropped to $34,995 inc. shipping

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the leasing game, I don't see why I would be interested in the Volt unless they gave me sub $200/month leases with $1k or less down. I don't care about the residual.

I am being told by the Chevy dealers here in the DFW area that the $7.5K tax credit would not benefit me if I leased, as opposed to Nissan which takes that fed tax credit into account.

I find it interesting the passion some of these issues generate. We have to admit that EVs have a small market share and that it would be far smaller if not for tax incentives and public policy. Either EVs will come down in price and eventually sell on their own without incentives or they will be a "bridge" technology until fuel cells replace batteries and solve the range issues. In the mean time, we enthusiasts benefit from these policies, as does the country and the environment. As I see it, my job is to encourage others to see the practicality of ANY of the environmental alternatives, be they PIP, Volt or Leaf, or others. Volt sales will go up with a lower price, and they would go up even more if they were restyled and better soundproofed. The likely reality is that both Nissan and GM wish to sell "enough" EVs for them to be seen as a success and as a halo car for their brands, but until production costs drop both companies make more money selling their ICE products and they will limit production to contain their losses.

mkjayakumar said:
In the leasing game, I don't see why I would be interested in the Volt unless they gave me sub $200/month leases with $1k or less down. I don't care about the residual.

I am being told by the Chevy dealers here in the DFW area that the $7.5K tax credit would not benefit me if I leased, as opposed to Nissan which takes that fed tax credit into account.

This makes no sense. The federal tax credit is most certainly taken into account on the Volt for leases. I leased a Volt in the Dallas area as well. My payments are $331 per month. Without the tax credit it would have been closer to $551 per month.

Back