Climate Control Auto Modes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost always the opposite here...

Rat said:
I'm surprised at all the people who want to keep it set to recirculate. Perhaps it's just because I'm in Silicon Valley where temps are almost always moderate. When I use A/C it's almost always because the temperature inside the car is higher than outside due to the "greenhouse effect" of the enclosed area, especially if I've parked it in the sun. So getting "cool" outside air (maybe 80 degrees) blowing in is more efficient and faster than trying to cool the 95 degree air in the "greenhouse."

Rat said:
I'm surprised at all the people who want to keep it set to recirculate. Perhaps it's just because I'm in Silicon Valley where temps are almost always moderate. When I use A/C it's almost always because the temperature inside the car is higher than outside due to the "greenhouse effect" of the enclosed area, especially if I've parked it in the sun. So getting "cool" outside air (maybe 80 degrees) blowing in is more efficient and faster than trying to cool the 95 degree air in the "greenhouse."

Here in Phoenix in the middle of summer, its 105F outside, 120F inside (possibly higher :oops: ). It makes sense to ventilate with A/C for the first couple minutes (until inside is down to 90F), then switch to recirculate with A/C. This is exactly opposite what auto-climate control wants to do.

Back