Coldest Day of Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Blue light on dash closest to driver seat flashes when Battery Heater is on.
Mine was on for almost 24 hours a few days ago when it got to -14 degrees over night with a high of 0 in detroit.
But then again that same light flashes when climate control is on or 12 volt battery is charging .

evnow said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
Basically my car on a 100% charge in low singles or near 0F has a range of about 35 miles and that's not using the heat much.
Looks like you get less than what others are getting. I can't imagine why you would get just 35 when not even using much heat. BTW, is it all high speed driving ?
Nope. City, but not gridlock by any means, and country roads. Normally I drive the car very hard, I am flooring it ALL THE TIME (I really love its throttle up to 40 mph) and this is probably why the tires are basically bald at 14k, but that range estimate was without driving like that ;)
I drove 8 miles to work, 5 of those miles being at 55mph, with the heater on. One thing I did notice was that the heater, while blowing air, was barely warm. When I arrived at work, the range was 31! Realizing a loss of 27, I was worried about getting back home. After 5pm that day, the temp outside has risen to 15F and the range had increased to 41. I suppose this was due to a warmer battery. Drove back home the 8 miles and the range was 30.
Sounds like you lost probably half your bars or so in 16 miles of driving? Your conditions are the same I had alluded to, with the same distance, and also left outside to start with no temp bars.

XeonPony said:
-33C (-27F no fake wind number) left at 100% got to work with 20% after a 64Km drive at 80KmpH

Car sat out side and was cold soaked through and through, preheated for half hour then no heat at all other then steering wheel and seat. for the whole trip

charged at -24C for the day and after 8H was only at 73% had to wait another hour for it to reach 75 (The bare loast % that I need to have to make it home) the drive home I got back at 5.5% no heat at all again.

I am now siting infront of a kerosun radient 40 set to max defrosting my body!

Last February I was in Yuma, AZ for a Square Dance Festival which seemed to be mostly Canadians. Now I understand why. Maybe you can convince your boss to move his business to Yuma for the winter???

Back